New Arista Lith Dev

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Guillaume Zuili, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Guillaume Zuili

Guillaume Zuili Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just came back from Freestyle. Arista Lith Liquid (and I guess powder also) is now from a new manufacturer. Got it, will test to see how different it is from the old one.

2. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good to know Guillaume. Thanks for being the crash test dummy :smile:. Would be good to see the comparisons. Did Freestyle indicate that the chemistry had changed at all with the switch to a different vendor?? I still have nearly half my large 2 gallon kit from 18 months ago. I only mix 50ml each of A&B when I do a lith session so it lasts a LOOOONG time.

3. schrochem

schrochem Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any opinion on this after 3.5years? ;-)
    This is quite economical and would make for a lot more darkroom time than ld20 or moersch.

4. schrochem

schrochem Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got the powder. Looking at the MSDS it says Naccolith.
    Rudman had this to say about naccolith
    "Nacco Naccolith: (US)
    This comes in a variety of sizes. In my limited experience of it (not available in the UK), this
    developer easily produces warm brown Lith prints, but may be more suited to those who
    like brown prints with less extreme ‘lithy’ properties."

He also said that the powder is a different manufacturer than the liquid.
    That's quite evident looking at the msds for both. The MSDS for the liquid version looks pretty close to LD20.

5. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    To date I have used LD20, Rollei Lith, Moersch, and like Andrew, I am now working my way through those huge jugs of Arista Lith. I have been able to get similar results from all four after some tinkering with dilution and old brown. So I guess I will be surprised if the new Arista is substantially different.