New article on Velvia 100 in Shutterbug

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by roteague, Oct 2, 2005.

1. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    There is a short article on the new Velvia 100 Professional in the October 2005 issue of Shutterbug for those who are interested. Nothing new in the article really, although the author says he has gotten good results rating this at 125.

One quote from the article that made me smile: "Take a very high megapixel camera, boost the color saturation and sharpening, with the concomitant edge effects, and then remove any and all noise, and you have a taste of what this film offers." Emphasis mine.

Has anyone tried this at 125 yet? I've pretty well stuck with shooting it at 100 and haven't had the opportunity to experiment with it much.

2. mark

mark Member

You actually read a shutterbug

3. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I pick up an issue every now and then. This particular issue had articles on Velvia 100 and on studio lighting (something I am also interested).

4. panchromatic

panchromatic Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i read the same article, but unfortunitly i do not really shoot any E-6, but i do look forward to seeing results with this combo.

also, i work at a camera store, i read that magazine for free monthly. OH and an article from 2005 PMA had stated that even know it was the first PMA ever without a new film SLR the person who wrote the article did mention new large format equipment and said something along the lines thats digital cannot compare to a large format neg. Sorry i lost the article so i dont' know exactly which issue that was.

5. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Didn't the new F6 come out with this PMA??? I was sure I read that camera was introduced this year?

Dave

6. panchromatic

panchromatic Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The camera is out this year, but was introduced in 04 at photokina, not PMA.

7. BruceN

BruceN Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was going to order some in 35mm to start experimenting with, then I found a bulk roll of Velvia 50 in the freezer that I forgot I had. :smile: I guess I won't be using the 100 for the fall colors this year.

Bruce