New camera from Fujifilm

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by SuzanneR, Dec 3, 2006.

1. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Found this link from the Online Photographer. A new point and shoot film camera available in Japan, only. Sounds like a pretty solidly built camera, and encouraging that they have introduced it!

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/

2. Tom Hoskinson

Tom Hoskinson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Which one? The Klasse W P&S seems rather pricey at US$774.81

Then there's the Natura Classica (zoom lens P&S) at US $297.31

And there's the Natura S P&S (w 24mm lens) for US$306.32

IMHO you'd be better off with one of the Cosina/Voigtlander RF 35's

3. Bromo33333

Bromo33333 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Fuji Klasse series is a neat limited edition camera. Seems to me more of a collector edition than meant for a 'user' type (Reminds me of the Nikon Rangefinder reissued a few years ago). I am sure they would perform well if pressed into daily use, too!

Are you thinking of getting one?

4. momonga

momonga Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's not really a P&S, although it can be used that way. It has exposure compensation, bracketing, fixed distance focusing as well as auto focus, etc. 28/2.8 lens. There's a review in the current 'shashin kogyo', perhaps not available in your local library. It's also twice the size of my GR1, so I don't think I'll be getting one. Still, it's good to see new film cameras from a major manufacturer.

5. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  6. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It would be nice to see a Stylus Epic size camera with a 35mm lens and manual controls from Fuji.

7. Sportera

Sportera Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    looks pretty cool. Makes me miss my P&S I sold.

8. HerrBremerhaven

HerrBremerhaven Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks quite a bit like the older Rollei AFM35. If it is the same camera, then that has a very nice lens for a small camera.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

9. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I don't know too much about it, but the Rollei AFM35 was a rebadged version of the original Klasse that came out years ago. I believe the only difference between the two was a lens or lens coating, but overall, they were almost identical.

I have not seen any websites or blogs with the reviews on the new Fuji camera, but I'm sure in a month or two, there will be plenty of information about it. Personally I think Fuji should've made a full MF RF camera by just rebadging another Cosina camera...

10. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I just had a chance to try this camera in a store yesterday. It's not bad, but it's not really a user-friendly type. My complaint is the menu dial, which is very slippery and so hard to use. Also, the exposure compensation nob feels too cheap. I wouldn't be surprised if it would fall out in regular use.

The size of the body is like, between Contax T3 and Leica M body, and that's kind of nice, to me, though. And what's actually really nice is the shutter noise that is far quieter than those two, or any other cameras I know, and it operates really fast. In that sense, it's like the AF version of Konica Hexar, but far better, and it certainly made my T3 feel like a dinosaur model.

And the focusing seems pretty good and accurate. At least when I tried, it didn't stray like some high-end compact AF cameras would do.

But I don't know the picture quality of it since I wasn't able to put film in it...

11. kunihiko

kunihiko Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  12. MikeM1977

MikeM1977 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Its interesting that FujiFilm is really targeting "Natural Light" photography to the consumer crowd. This film camera advertises this feature. I know this is sacriligous, but I just purchased a FujiFilm F20 digital P&S camera to supplement my 6x6 and 4x5 :smile:. It too advertises "low-light, natural lit" features. Well the little thing is absolutely amazing in low-light. ISO2000 shots that really surprise me.

An interesting twist from Fuji...

13. lawrenceimpey

lawrenceimpey Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Why oh why can't someone make the pocket camera I want? In a nutshell it would be like the Konica Auto S3 I had in the '70s but with better build quality and manual options. Instead we get that interminable delay before the shutter actually fires because the auto-everything is trying to make up its teeny mind about the auto focus, exposure blah blah blah. What I need is a really well made compact with a collapsable lens (so it will fit in the back pocket of my jeans) and built-in meter -- exposure/focus can be manual. My Bessa-T is the closest to this but it's still a bit too big; my Minilux is the perfect size but too "auto" for its own good.

14. MikeM1977

MikeM1977 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I love my little Olympus 35RC rangefinder. If only the lens collapsed into itself!