New CT Precisa Film

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Steve Roberts, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This one passed me by. I don't recall seeing on APUG any mention of the fact that Agfaphoto are now selling CT Precisa 100 slide film once again. (Before anyone jumps up and down, I'm quite prepared to believe that it's been mentioned and I missed it.)

I've never used the film, but after a few years when only Kodak and Fuji were flogging slide films, it's good that there's a third player again.

Steve

2. Ten301

Ten301 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Unfortunately, it doesn't appear there is a third player. The general consensus is that it's made by Kodak, and is the same as their consumer Elitechrome 100, although the real Agfa still makes a 200 ISO slide film for Rollei based on one of their previous films. Agfaphoto's print films are made by Ferrania.

3. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I thought Ferrania left the market...I guess not. So are you saying that this film is Elite Chrome 100 labeled Prescia?

4. railwayman3

railwayman3 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The new CT Precise which I have recently purhased says "Made in Japan".

5. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fuji then....this is a very confusing situation :smile:

6. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'd like to try some Agfa films but I haven't got a clue where in USA I could find them..Any ideas?

7. Ten301

Ten301 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    They may have changed suppliers. I know there was talk a few months back on either this site or another that it was Elite Chrome 100. Yes, Ferrania is still in business. They almost went under awhile back, but the Italian government came to their rescue. I don't know how viable they are as a company in the long-term.

8. Steve Roberts

Steve Roberts Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  9. jernejk

jernejk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Google does:

Information:

The CT precisa lives up to its name. For his performance proves particularly through the exact rendition of colors.

Slides as impressive as the original Picture and razor sharp

With the CT precisa 100 every slide-show is a special experience. For, with exceptional precision, this film your impressions and experiences from original. Every color and unadulterated, of course - sky blue, sun yellow or brick red.

Another plus: the razor-sharp outlines in all levels of brightness. Ideal for sun and cloudless sky. Pure radiant colors, extreme sharpness and fine grain. Detail in all areas of light and shadow areas.

10. ath

ath Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I used some of the Agfaphoto CT Precisa and compared it to Kodak Elitechrome 100. They were definitely the same emulsion, but the quality standard in finishing was much lower. Canisters didn't run smooth, the border signature (incl. frame number) was barely visible.

The last one I used expired in Oct 2010; there may have been a change in the meanwhile.
    This is the english version of Lupus' page about Precisa.

I wouldn't bet a penny on this data sheet; the data apparently it is only a copy from the last "original Agfa" one.

11. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    UltraFine Online (aka Photo Warehouse) has some, although not this slide film that's being discussed. I recently bought some of the ISO 400 color print film, but I haven't shot it yet. I've heard conflicting stories of whether it's made by Ferrania or Fuji.

12. warbeck

warbeck Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    AgfaPhoto CT Precisa 100 135-36 Slide Film

Just a little up to date comment on this film.

AgfaPhoto CT Precisa 100 135-36 Slide Film. (The edge of this film is marked Fuji RVP 100,which is Fuji Velvia,as far as I know)

I have just run a trial of this film. Using a Nikon F4 with 50mm f1.8 Nikkor lens.I used the cameras "Auto" setting. It performed well,and gave 38 pretty good and sharp exposures,which I digitized on a Minolta ScanDual 3 dedicated 35mm strip scanner. No film in my humble opinion will ever compare to the original Agfacolor CT18 for colour fidelity,and I`ve yet to try "proper" Fuji Velvia 100 - but will say,that I doubt anyone will be really disappointed in using this current Agfa film. However,colour appreciation,can be very subjective!

It is currently shown on Amazon UK from £7($11) upwards,which could be a saving on regular Fuji Velvia.

Attached Files:

13. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You could also check with a dedicated film shop and get it for less than £5. Look in Silverprint, AG Photographic, Discount Films Direct, Mailshots, etc.