NEW E6 & C41 Processing Services in Toronto, Canada

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by David Nardi, Feb 7, 2013.

1. David Nardi

David Nardi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Do you shoot colour film but have no interest in setting up a colour darkroom? Are you looking for a quality, affordable alternative to the professional labs? Give me a try. I've been processing my own colour film for the last 8 years with beautiful results. I am just a hardcore enthusiast who loves to shoot on transparency film. I've shot on all formats from 35mm to 4x5 and I still do. I even just finished building an 8x10 camera that I plan to put some gorgeous Provia 100F into this week! I also picked up some NEW Lomography Peacock 110 slide film for my Pentax Auto 110 cameras. I'm a dozen shots in and can't wait to see the results! I am slide crazy! There is a complex science behind the manufacture of modern day transparency film and we should be thankful that such a unique product still exists to archive a visual history of our world.

My goal is to share my processing services with like-minded individuals who shoot colour films and want the most consistent, reliable chromes and negs possible. I want new-comers and veterans alike to enjoy the benefits of shooting colour transparencies and negatives without breaking the bank. It is so much more fun and rewarding than anything digital. If we keep using the stuff, chances are, it will stick around.

Need to be sure your films are processed properly and with care? You can get your first few rolls processed for free!

Visit e6it.ca and learn all about my services. Please read the FAQ page under the More Info tab to learn more about minimum film quantities, shipping and packaging, customer discounts, and processing frequency.

This is a mail-order business so I open up my services to the world of colour photographers. If you live in Toronto, drop your film off personally.

Visit e6it.ca

Thank you,

David

2. horacekenneth

horacekenneth Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sounds great! Wish shipping to Canada was cheaper. I don't see why shipping between Canada and the US has to be so expensive.

3. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank You for offering this service - I'm sure you'll get a lot of clients, especially with large format shooters.
    I can thaw out some of old stock now!
    Cheers, B.

4. silentworld

silentworld Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    It is great to see E6it.ca go back online. I remember you offered e6 processing a few years ago but then stopped the service for a couple of years. I work in Toronto downtown so it is easy for me to send my film to Toronto Image Works for processing. However, it is great to know that a cost effective processing service is now made available by a fellow photographer for all other film addicts that don't have a e6 processing lab within a 10 minute walk. All the best with the new venture!

5. heterolysis

heterolysis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not bad prices for the larger formats! Will have to get in touch when I move back to the area.

6. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree. Shipping charges and brokerage fees can be very high.

7. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for offering this David, as much as I like the convenience of the local C-41 lab here in Oakville, I'm willing to explore your services because you use your chemicals one shot.

8. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dave - glad the film bug still has a firm hold on you. I hope your venture is a success. I can understand your love for chromes.

I crossed paths with you out at one of Rob S's townhouse get togethers in Burlington a few years back when you were sharing around the 120 format 3d slides you create. They were eye poppingly amazing.

I just finished filing my film into indexed binders for 2012 this past week, and I think I shot more chromes (mostly 35mm though) than anything else last year.

The last two years we have flown to the US for vacations, and the weight and hassle of MF and LF with airline screening was not judged worth it.
    Hopefully this year I can get to some of my 120 and 4x5 stashes.

When my backlog of e-6 chemistry and constituent dry ingredients run out, I will likely be turning to you

9. David Nardi

David Nardi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for all the motivating words. As you may know, my first love is chromes, and I will do my best to keep these services alive for others who enjoy shooting chromes as much as I do. Surely I can't be the only one!

Don't forget, you can get your first few rolls/sheets of film developed for free as a new customer. Get on the mailing list to stay posted with additional discounts and offers in the future.

Thanks again,

www.e6it.ca
    Colour E6 & C41 Film Processing

10. Clay2

Clay2 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great!

Have some E6 ready to go.

Best regards,

/Clay

11. ErosP

ErosP Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I just wanted to take a moment to put a feather in David's cap - I recently processed a rather large batch of film that I had sitting around for quite sometime and had no one able to process it.

Enter David Nardi - found him here on the APUG forums - he did a fantastic job processing my film in a quick and timely manner (given the fact he has a full time job on top of his processing service!) and the results were great. If you are in the Toronto area, I highly recommend him for your processing needs.

David is super courteous, personable, and a die hard analogue film photographer with some fantastic photographic work of his own to boot. If you are in the Toronto area and need E6 film procesed, this is the guy you will WANT to talk to.

Thanks David for doing such a great job processing my film. Two thumbs up!

Cheers,
    Eros

12. ME Super

ME Super Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Dave,
    Glad you are offering this as a service. I realize you are a photographer and probably not a web developer (I do web development for a living), so I can forgive you for a couple things I saw on your site:

1. Your site is completely broken in Chrome. It brings up a blank page.
    2. In Firefox, I couldn't bring up the price page.

It all worked in Internet Explorer 9 though, and it looks good in that browser. Again, glad to see you are offering this service at such reasonable prices. Unfortunately I'm well south of the US-Canadian border and already have a lab I love, otherwise I'd consider sending my business to you.

13. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I had no problem whatsoever with Chrome browser.

14. David Nardi

David Nardi Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks. I found I had to reload the homepage in Chrome once in a while and it eventually comes up. Hasn't happened recently tho. I never tested Firefox yet. I am using a third party online do-it-yourself website builder so I don't know if there is much I can do other than tell the company about these issues. Cheers.

15. FMJ

FMJ Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    New to this forum because of this thread.

if i read your FAQ correctly, you don't mount slides? and how are they send back to me?

anybody know shipping charges would be within Canada if i send a few rolls? I am in Brampton