New Endura paper?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Matt5791, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A few weeks back there was a thread here that Ultra had been cancelled. I suggested that there was some confusion due to the cancellation of some sizes of all Endura papers, and the introduction of a new, High Def Ultra. You may want to refer to that thread.

It is correct. There is a new Ultra Endura.

PE

3. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that - sounds interesting - I've read on on the pages, says it is due to be released mid 08.

This is such great news as I really want to do more and more colour printing.

4. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That's a great thing, but it it appears it will mostly be sold in rolls: "There will be a limited range of roll sizes available at launch – others will be made available based on customer/market demand."

I hope they sell it in sheets, and that my stupid local dealers will have it. They can't even manage to get Endura Metallic...

5. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know it appears to be only rolls, but its still good news.

6. frotog

frotog Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    So Kodak all but discontinues the old ultra endura (now only one roll size in F surface is available unless you order 10k of paper), a favorite among color printers, and in their infinite wisdom they introduce a new paper with a psychedelic irridescent sheen! I can't wait to see it...I wonder if it will be as hideous as the metallic stuff. What a brilliant marketing strategy! I'll make sure to stand in line for my 50" x288' roll.