New film in town

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by uraniumnitrate, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    It's rebranded Fortepan. Which is good enough, whatever name it has. :smile:

3. buze

buze Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I asked the seller and he refused to tell me the origin. Just that it is "high silver" and therefore can sell a film of unknown origin to the price point of Ilford.

When I questioned that, his conclusion was :
    Which I tought was a very nice thing to say to a potential customer :D

4. Jerevan

Jerevan Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    You know, if it walks like a duck... I think I know who the seller is, and if it is him, he's buying directly from the factory as far as he has explained it to me. But nevermind - buy it and try it!

5. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it’s Forte than its good and rich in silver! Some of my best exhibition images taken on Forte and not even that it had been printed on their pepper too! Mind you, if it’s Forte than we talk about an old Kodak company and probably those films are manufactured after their recipe! Which means? What? I don’t have to tell you do I?

6. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    With a BIN price some 50% higher than Ilford film, I'll pass. Oddly, I can't find any UK supplier of Fortepan amongst the usual suspects...

Cheers, Bob.

7. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I thought Classic Pan 200 was supposed to be the same?

8. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Well, it could only be Fortepan 200 or Fomapan 200T, and Fortepan seems more into the rebranding game, so that's a pretty likely possibility.

ClassicPan 200, J&C Classic 200, and most likely Bergger 200 are all Fortepan 200.

9. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Can you whisper into my ears where I can find Ilford for that price you mentioned? Tree boxes 75 sheets of fresh film for 12 Euros? Because so far I would buy a whole one year of Ilford production!:smile: :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  10. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Whoops! missed that it is for THREE boxes...

That sounds much more sensible!

I do wish people would stop re-packaging stuff - I could get confused...!

Cheers, Bob.

11. buze

buze Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had asked him if I could buy a sampler: ie 1 box of 4x5, 5 rolls of 120 100, 5 of 400.
    Thats the price he quoted me :
    THAT is more expensive than Ilford... (7dayshop)

12. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It doesn’t say much to us if you don’t tell us what would the three box of similar Ilford cost and what would be the price for a five pack of those films! Does it?

13. buze

buze Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  14. uraniumnitrate

uraniumnitrate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think he just pull your leg off or just dont want to sell outside of Ebay listing! How can he tell you that one box is £12 when his listing starts on £16 and the “buy it now” price is on £24? And that’s for tree boxes! You probably misunderstood the thing or what?
    Anyway I click on his other items and I think prices are goooood! I just have one question. If you are a potential costumer as you say why don’t you buy on Ebay and try it? It’s really not that much money. I buy cd’s for much more every month and some of it I use as Frisbee because it’s so bad that I’m not able to listen to it once more!

Also I did some resources and the results are here to get your calculators working!

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/filmi.htm

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...&clsgr=&shs=&ci=335&ac=&Submit.x=9&Submit.y=7

Anyway they talk about this on the French High resolution site and on the German site too and all says the same thing as David stated here before!

I'm off from this thread now on!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  15. buze

buze Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you sure you are not affiliated ? You sound very "positive" to me. You quote robertwhite who is a LOT more expensive than 7dayshop. I can also /easily/ find expensive place to buy film, it's not hard. I can also find excellent film for cheap, like the shanghai one (4x5 48 sheets shipped = £12)

I could transcribe the whole email exchange, but there is no point, I asked him to quote me a price for a box + 10 rolls because I don't want to have 75 sheets of film I don't like in my freezer, there is enough stuff I never shoot there already. Nor do I want 50 rolls of film for the same reason.

I asked him a price, and he gave me one; I asked him if he was /sure/ about it too... I'm not responsible for his pricing policy, I also tought it was odd to quote a bigger price for one box + a handful of rolls than for 3, but heck, it's his pricing policy. Or the "quick buck" policy, depending.

As a matter of fact, re-reading, I now seem to remember someone punctuating all of his sentences with exclamation marks, seems to be the same personage to me...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2006
  16. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Frankie!!

Your exclamation marks give you away!!

Noone else but you use that many of them! That's your own auction!!!

:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.