New Kodak Color Plus made in EU, by whom, colors ?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I had been stopped taking on color 35 mm film after I had been started to not able to find any Kodak film. After 8 months , I visited my lab , they rent half to vodafon and I found lots of Kodak Color Plus 200 ASA film there. I jumped and bought for my Leica mini zoom. Film writes made in the EU ? England , France or somewhere else ?

Are the colors resembles Gold or pro photo or ektar or portra. If I know how it does performs , I would concentrate on certain colors and temperatures .

Umut

2. Xmas

Xmas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hi Umut

Our 'everything for a pound' shops (all bargin offers) are selling a rebadged made in Japan 200 ISO that looks like Fuji.

1GBP for a 24 exposure cassette

It is nice film

They also do three large cans of chick peas for a pound...

Noel

3. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello Noel,

I bought 36 exposure cassette for 3.30 pounds. Price is not important but quality is. I rarely gp outside and shoot film. For one time per 8 months , I think I might get some elegant colors. I dont shoot digital also.

Umut

4. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The ColorPlus that we have seen here in the US at discount prices has more of a look resembling 1970's era KodaColor than anythhing else. Lots of grain to go with the old-style colors too. I personally dislike that emulsion but some folks seem to like it.

Gold 200 is much better.

5. Xmas

Xmas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hi Umut

The cheap film is good quality and must be damaging sales of film at premium prices.

I tried a cassette out of curiosity and it was good.

I more normally only shoot mono - Formapan 400, HP5+ and Kodak 5222 - at the moment.

Noel

6. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Kodak ColorPlus is a version of Kodacolor VR 200.
    Good film, but it isn't Gold.

7. BMbikerider

BMbikerider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am about to use my last cassette of Colour Plus. I won't be getting any more because I feel the lack of saturation is too much for my printing. is it's downfall. It just lacks impact to be really good.

8. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    If that film have a look of 70s optimistic mood ,smuched color pencil powder pinks , light purples , oranges , tan skin tones , well, wow , good old days and that automobile , camel cigar , whisky , faberge , lots of women lives in forests with their leather garments , emmanuelle :smile: you know that stuff.

9. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it comes from France it would be more than six years old. Otherwise it would be have been converted in England.

10. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll post a few examples soon. But what I find very interesting to share is that when I had same question I could find nothing on Koak web sites with that part number, no data sheets, and not surpisingly... No response from Kodak to my questions about ColorPlus.

11. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format