New Moderator needed.

Discussion in 'APUG System Announcements' started by Jorge, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Jorge

Jorge Inactive

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Given the continued attitude and whining of some people due to my recent decision to remove some posts which were off topic and challenged the proposed project I have decided I dont need this crap, certainly Sean does not need the headache either.

Those of you who think you have "run" me out of this site, dont pat your selfs in the back, Sean was more than glad to keep me as a moderator and this has been a unilateral decision made by me. If this site cannot be run for ALL the members but for only few who feel they have the right to give an opinion on each an every post and butt in on every topic or "stand up" for people when it is none of their business then frankly I have no longer a desire to waste my time here. Length of membership does not make you any better or give you more rights than a person who just joined.

I like to thank Sean for creating the site and his continued support, even when my unpopular decisions caused him to enjoy less a labor he has created out of love.

As for me, I have plenty of photography projects and no longer being involved with APUG will free up plenty of time for them. I wish most of you success in all your photographic endeavors. I am done here...ciao.

Jorge Gasteazoro.

2. Thomassauerwein

Thomassauerwein Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Good luck to you Jorge, I'm going to miss your contributions, most of which I agreed with. The creation and exacution of your images is far more important than talking anyway so go get'm, keep pushing that button and hopefully I'll see your results in other venues.

3. Jorge Oliveira

Jorge Oliveira Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Adios, amigo tocayo.

Buenas fotos!

Jorge O :surprised:

4. blansky

blansky Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jorge:

Not sure what you are talking about and don't wish to take any sides.

Will miss your contribution and your comments on this great site.

Thanks,

Michael McBlane

5. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jorge,
    Man I hate to hear this, but can understand. Have NO idea what it is about, but life is to short ... if you need to ... I will miss you contributions.

And I think WE Can ALL say Thank You, Jorge!!

6. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Jorge,

If you don't want to deal with the perils of moderation I think anyone can understand that, it's beyond understandable. Anyone that moderates can't be a "real" member because they have to get tangled up in forum politics and trying to please all members (which by nature is impossible). But leaving moderation does not mean you need to leave the site all together.

:sad:

I think you and your contributions would be extremely missed here. Your contributions, advice, and presence have done a tremendous amount for APUG and traditional photography. I doubt anyone really knows how much you and I have been through together in making this site a reality. I'd much rather see you consider your moderation ending as a 'tour of duty' completed, and come back as Jorge the member, and not Jorge the moderator. Maybe take a break from the net and give it some thought. Will talk to you later, Sean

7. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    What is this all about?

Send me an email - please.

8. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Jorge,
    I am not sure what this is about. Irregardless I have valued your opinions and the information that you have shared. I hope that you will continue to stick around if only just as a member. I understand how moderating could take away from photography. Good luck.

9. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Jorge,
    Good luck in the future.

lee\c

10. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll definitely miss your presence Jorge, I hope you hang around to take a gentle poke at us occasionally as we might happen to need it.

11. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Come on Jorge take a deep breath and relax. Don't let that Latin temper get the best of ya big guy!

12. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    jorge:

sorry to read this.
    i liked reading your posts and getting advice from you.

best of luck !
    -john

13. Lex Jenkins

Lex Jenkins Member

Moderation can seem a thankless task. On photo.net recently, where I've been moderating the B&W Forums for several months, the antics of one fellow alone forced me to triple the amount of time and effort spent on the forums for an entire month before he was banned by the site administrator.

Now the same fellow is back under a pseudonym but, so far, seems to be behaving himself. However his mere presence forces me to scrutinize his posts - and the reactions of other members to those posts - more closely.

It's irritating and takes time away from other things I could be doing.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. roy

roy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format

16. FrankB

FrankB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Likewise.

I must've blinked and missed this but, in whatever position, please do stick around and continue to give us the benefit of your knowledge and counsel.

:-(

17. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Good light, Jorge.

And come back when you feel like it!

:smile:

18. clogz

clogz Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Although the background of your decision is unclear to me I can't but respect your decision. Yet I'll keep looking forward to "The Return of Jorge G" in glorious Large Format.
    For now, thanks for all your good work.
    Take care

19. brimc76

brimc76 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I guess I missed all of this, I'm sorry, but I really hate to see you go Jorge. I do understand that sometimes you have to make a break and I wish you all the best. I do hope to see you or hear from you again in the future. Thanks for all your help.

20. Silverpixels5

Silverpixels5 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good luck to you in all that you do! I just hope that you decide to return one day, as I've learned a great deal from you and many others on this site.

21. Ed Sukach

Ed Sukach Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am at a loss to understand what happened as well. I*hope* I was not part of the continuing abrasion that led to this.

Certainly, there are differences of opinions here at times -- we are all different from one another and as "artists" - or at least "creative types"- , we ARE passionate about or work and views ... but do I need to comment on "passion" to a Latin?

APUG under Your, and Sean's moderation, *IS* one of the most "flame-proof" and "tolerant - acceptable" sites that I have ever seen - or hope to see.

All I can say is, Good work! - in a difficult job. We can respect your decision ... but we will *MISS* you.

22. Annie

Annie Member

Jorge,

I am sincerely saddened to hear that you are leaving the forum, however I certainly respect any decision that you make in that regard.
    I am also dispirited by the situation for my own selfish reason. You are a knowledgeable and giving person... I have benefited immensely from your insightful postings and the technical knowledge you so generously share with beginners like myself. You have been a valuable resource for me, and I wish to thank you for that.

I wish you every happiness & success and I am sure the future shall unfold as wonderfully as you wish it to, because you are an exceptional person.

Fond Regards,
    Annie

23. Alex Hawley

Alex Hawley Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Good luck Jorge. Sorry to see you go!

24. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I, too, will miss you and wish you the best in the future. I can't thank you enough for introducing me to the idea of brush development, which I had never heard of before your posts.
    juan

25. philldresser

philldresser Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I thank you for your input and hope you still hang around as a valued member of the forum

Phill

26. b.e.wilson

b.e.wilson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Jorge,

Remember how we 'met' on line? I asked Per Volquartz a question on photo.net, and you jumped in and stood up for him.

Funny how we all complain most about our own worse faults.

It's been good knowing you. I hope you'll still frequent the boards. You know your stuff and you're a stand-up gent.