New Nikon S2! Help with lens storage?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by pryan9, May 25, 2010.

1. pryan9

pryan9 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So I need to find a way to store the lenses to my beautiful new Nikon S2. I have the 35, 50, 80, and 135 lenses but unfortunately, i don't have the cases for them. I noticed that some of the original Nippon cases are on eBay but they are ridiculously expensive. Does anyone know of an alternative method or perhaps a certain "pouch set" i could pick up that would help me protect these pretty lenses?

2. ZorkiKat

ZorkiKat Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Small tupperware containers with a tiny pouch of silica gel with in will make wonderful storage containers for the shorter 50/35mm lenses. Perhaps something similar can be used for the longer 85 and 135mm lenses.

3. pryan9

pryan9 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thats a good idea but i was trying to find perhaps a set of neoprene pouches or something? any other suggestions or known products that exist that these lenses will fit snugly in?

4. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Pentax makes a small case designed for three of their limited-series K-mount lenses; some of the Nikon RF lenses might fit in that (I don't have the dimensions).

5. pryan9

pryan9 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    nice ill have to look into that pentax case!

6. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Baby bottle warmers. They're insulated (a little bit), padded, and cheap. Ask me if I care that it's not couture.