New to Photography - Newer to Film

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Nathan King, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Nathan King

Nathan King Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    After having a general interest in photography for several years, I took my first actual step into the craft only a few months ago with the purchase of an Olympus E-M5 and several prime lenses. The opportunity to try film presented itself a few weeks later in the form of a Canon AE-1 at a local antique shop. After receiving my first set of prints I was hooked on the look of prints from film. I look forward to learning more about photography from the many talented members of APUG, along with venturing into medium format with a Mamiya 645 Pro.

2. ArtO

ArtO Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think you can learn a lot here. I know that I do and I've been into photography for many many years. It's good to meet you.

3. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG!

You chose an excellent APUG user name:wink:.

Hope you enjoy it here.

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG

5. eddie

eddie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, Nathan. You'll find APUG a great resource.

6. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, Nathan. You've definitely found a great place to have questions answered and mountains and mountains of resources in the message boards of the last eleven years.

7. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

8. BradleyK

BradleyK Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello from the Left Coast, Nathan, and welcome to APUG. You will find the site a wealth of information, populated as it is a knowledgeable and enthusiastic crowd. Read on, join in and enjoy!

9. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello Nathan,

Welcome to APUG, This is a big family and hug every newçomer and any question with great care. You will be needed to develop your own film and print and new cameras , lenses , films , developers , papers , enlargers , their lenses and alternative processes you can start and success .
    I want to remind you if you become a subscriber with pay pal or credit card , 10 dollars or so for per year , you can buy any imaginable need from trusted people. You can sell or trade also. And gallery is excellent and you can see what is your cameras are capable to. Mamiya , what an amazing camera , there are jaw dropping quality images at the gallery. At gallery , everyone put which lens to paper to developer is used at the final. You can copy combinations you are happy with.

Take care,
    Umut
    Istanbul

10. fotch

fotch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG.

11. Jim Taylor

Jim Taylor Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Nathan,

Welcome aboard! The Canon AE-1 is a great little camera. some of the Canon FD lenses are lovely bits of glass too. Tell me - does your AE-1 have the characteristic Canon 'cough' when you release the shutter?

12. Nathan King

Nathan King Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I had to look up "Canon cough" and found a Youtube link to listen to. No, the camera just makes a loud click and does not make that squealing noise when the mirror moves. It takes beautiful photographs with the 50mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.8 that I have.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2