new website - STRAP - comments appreciated

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by pmu, Jan 17, 2007.

1. pmu

pmu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi, we just opened our website and of course I want to spread the word. Thanks to apug.org, my B&W photos improved a lot while ago :smile: (I so love that xtol and xtol+rodinal mix...) A couple of stories shooted with adox+xtol combination (like the rock festival photos) are coming in near future...so bookmark our site and visit again... if you find any bugs, please inform me. Thanks and have a nice day.

click--> http://www.strap-photos.com

-

2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm impressed. You've got a nice and tight presentation and some off-the-hook images. And I love the stories. The funeral killed me and gave me some great technique ideas. Thanks for the invite and NICE WORK!

3. pmu

pmu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Mr. Flash19901 for your nice comment.

Some updates on the site; couple of new stories added and some blogging. Go check out!

4. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Is Petri looking so pissed because he forgot to put a lens on his camera LOL! Nice site. Good luck.

5. pmu

pmu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Haha, I know, I can't behave in front of the camera :smile: and thanks for wishing us luck / commenting! :smile:

6. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Its a very nice site

You should test it in firefox. It renders differently under firefox than it does in IE. Fire fox is a compliant browser and IE is not. You might also consider using div's inplace of tables and an imported or linked style sheet instead of having styles in the head tag.

7. leinonen

leinonen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the comment jd callow and others! I just joined and noticed Petri has announced our little site here.

I've tested that site on IE and it worked ok. Firefox works like it should, I think. I hate IE for making my life more difficult, but with strap it seems to work ok. I still like tables in some extent and will propably keep working with them still. That stylesheet thingy.. is absolutely right, my bad and would be more easier if something general would have to be updated. :smile:

By the way, I just posted a new story. A portrait story about my father, check it at the site. It was show on T-max 400 and developed with D-76. You could say it's the result of me getting back to working in the darkroom after a two year break. Thanks!

8. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    check the bottom leftahand panel in ff -- it cuts off prior to the end of the text. The tables are segmenting along the cells throughout the site in FF. It is no big thing and the site's content does rock!

9. Terence

Terence Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    But where's the photo of demolishing the house of cards? That's the best part.

Nice photos.

10. leinonen

leinonen Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hmmn. It works fine on my mac FF, could you post a screenshot. I'll test it on a win FF when I get the chance. Thanks.

11. pmu

pmu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Bump!

It's been now 6 months since we opened our site and since then there has been a lot of updates...new stories and lots of blogging recently. Please visit and give us a comment if you like. Thanks!

http://strap-photos.com (check out the photoessays from "stories" section).

12. wheelygirl

wheelygirl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hey guys!!!
    Excellent job of the web-site!!:D I'm curious as to what formats and makes are your cameras??
    I sorta envy anyone who is beginning their dream, at a relative young age. I, on the hand, have always considered myself a "late-bloomer" for nearly everything, including what I want to 'do' with my life!!:sad: But, at least, I'm attempting something : photography, my current passion!!

All the very best to both of you!!!

13. pmu

pmu Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you very much for your nice words.

We both use mainly (I exclusively) 35mm manual film cameras (Nikon, Leica), lenses 24mm to 50mm primes, cheapest colour negative you can find (we just bought 120 rolls of outdated Fuji from ebay; total amount 0,40 EUR per roll) and my main film has been ADOX 400 B&W for a couple of years souped in xtol. Really basic stuff. Some stuff is digital, but I don't have digital camera anymore and even if Jussi have his D70 Nikon, he has been shooting quite exclusively with film for a long time.

I consider myself also as a "late bloomer", I started shooting at the age of 26. :smile: And now I'm almost 30...noooooooo!!

Best regards,
    Petri

14. wheelygirl

wheelygirl Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Dude, you're just a "spring chicken" compared to my age--I just celebrated my 49th! I am certainly not like many women my age who 'shy away' from stating their age: I'm rather proud I survived this long!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2007