New Website

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by Pinholemaster, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  2. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like it. Great photos.

Jeff

3. Rafal Lukawiecki

Rafal Lukawiecki Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Beautiful photographs, Walt. Your portraits exude comfort and happiness. I slightly miss knowing what is in them, I suppose a caption of sorts, perhaps because I am not familiar with their context. I fully respect that you may not wish to place any text whatsoever, to make the pictures speak by themselves, in which case, my apologies for suggesting something you may have already thought through.

4. AndreasT

AndreasT Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I certainly do like your photos. Very good.

5. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Inactive

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    On my phone, the photos don't often finish loading before the photo changes, I would put some kind of limiter that only starts the view time once the photo is fully loaded in case people have a slow Internet connection. Though the fact it loads on my phone is good :smile:

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. zsas

zsas Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Wonderful art! Motion or implied motion permeates. Outstanding! Website worked great iOS.

7. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks for the good words.

I had captions on my old site but found most people never read them.

The image jump while loading happens on laptops and desktop machines until all the images are fully cached. Usually clears after one full cycle. Will have to explore if there is code I can include to hold the slideshow sequence till everything is loaded.

Was concerned if Adobe's Muse would write "junk" code to mess up the appearance on certain browsers. Muse isn't perfect, but a heck of a lot easier to use then Dreamweaver.

Glad to hear it works on iOS. I don't have an iPhone so could not test. Those using iPads have not had problems.

8. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Inactive

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Is muse expensive? I need something simpler than dreamweaver to redo my website :smile:

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

9. Pinholemaster

Pinholemaster Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  10. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Inactive

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    That's not only lame, it's a scam, I like the idea of cloud software in the way apple handles it, you buy it and its updated for free, not this yearly subscription BS, what if I want to keep the same app for a few years before upgrading, can I still edit my website or will I be stuck till I pay them.

Sure i have the new Lightroom but I have cs3 dream weaver because I don't need to update it, it works for me. Grrr the times they are a changin'

~Stone

11. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is a real role for subscription software, but that role is for software that is specialized, flexible and robust, and of the type that often requires knowledgeable application support.

The law office management software I used to use was sold on a subscription basis, and the support was invaluable, because the people on the other end of the line knew about how law offices worked, and how their software could be used to solve problems.

12. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Inactive

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Ok that makes it much better if there is support with the payments.

~Stone

13. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format

great work ( and looks GREAT ) !
    i always enjoy looking at your portraits :smile:

oh, i am using a hobbling-along g5 p-pc with safari 5.0.6
    people who are using orphaned-old-stuff get a nice view too :smile: ( thanks! )

- john

14. StoneNYC

StoneNYC Inactive

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    People stil own non-intel Macs? LOL

~Stone