News from Jorge :)

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by Ole, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Jorge just informed me that all prints ordered while he was in chemotherapy will be shipped next week.

Good news indeed - in more than one way!

2. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ole- yes, this is very good news. Great that we'll be getting our prints, but even better, that Jorge has been up to making them! Jorge- welcome back, and best of health to you!

3. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I miss Jorge!

4. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I had an email from Jorge this morning. He sent me scans of three recent images...these were nudes and very nicely done (not a surprise considering Jorge's ability).

He has indicated that he has had a bout with cold recently and other than that he is doing good. Just recuperating from the cancer treatment.

5. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Did Jorge get banned after his "I'll probably get banned for this" post?

I've always wondered about that. I miss him too.

6. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the update...Miss Jorge a great deal, like many of those that were here when I first signed on. I peek in over on the LF forum from time to time just so I can see what he is up to. Most of all miss seeing his wonderfull work, nudes in plt/pld now those must be special.

7. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes he was. He agreed to leave.

Rich

8. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I know Jorge can be aserbic, contrary, hotheaded, and stubborn almost as much as me. We have gone our rounds. What I do admire about him is that if he is wrong he will admit it, once he calms down. Also how many of us would have been cheery if we had just gone through the chemotherapy that he did. I personally would have been sick physically and pissed as hell at the world. Especially since this was the second time he had to endure it. I wish he could be invited back. He knew his photography, and was willing to help where ever he could.

9. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Don't know how Jorge feels about it, but AMEN to this thought... he has always been good to help others. Sure has helped and encouraged me.

10. KenM

KenM Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    He was banned? Why?

11. naturephoto1

naturephoto1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Ken,

I will only say that there were some differences of opinion that lead to unpleasant discussions in the forums. And I too would like him to return. I have had some communication with Jorge on the Large Format Forum Website, but I have not visited the Forum recently.

Contact Sean. He may provide additional information, but he may choose not to.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  12. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not sure if he is ready for PRIME TIME, but just noticed that Jorge has a VERY NICE website up now for those that love his work and would like to see it.

13. colivet

colivet Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I didn't know that he was banned from Apug. I missed that episode and miss having Jorge posting. I agree with aggie that Jorge's personality is not one of the easiest around but in my opinion he was a great apugger.
    I don't undertsand why we have to get so personal in such an impersonal medium as is the internet. Why do we need to do this and why do we need the "Ignore User" buttons. Sorry, I just don't get it.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format

Mike,
    Thanks for the heads up on Jorge's site. I just emailed him and commended him on it. He said that he used Kevin Saitta's(sp?) software. He said that it was easy to put together and that the software that Kevin provides is simple to use. Jorge asked that I give credit to Kevin for the appearance of Jorge's site.

16. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is this the same Jorge who hates and is abusive toward Steve Simmons of View Camera magazine? Or do we have multiple Jorges? If it's the same person, I got tired of the rants and made use of the "ignore" function for the first time. I have criticized specific problems at View Camera myself, but I will only read personal invective toward a specific person for so long.

17. Aggie

Aggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You were not around on apug when the things that have set Jorge off about Steve occured. In fact on this one, Jorge had very good reasons for not trusting Steve.

18. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For those not involved the why would not be for their consumption. I don't know the whole of it, -- it wasn't any of my business -- but what I do know leads me to believe that unless you hear it from Jorge take what you hear with a grain of salt.

None the less Ole's post is great news, and the site looks excellent.

19. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just curious: how much longer do you think he will have just cause for his abuse of Steve, for something that happened a long time ago? Wasn't it just a case of Steve not publishing an article by Jorge? Jorge was giving Steve hell only a couple of days ago (maybe it was on the large format forum that I finally put him on my ignore list--the only person on it). No grudge is worth the investment of energy it takes to berate someone over the course of several years.

20. jd callow

jd callow Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Chazzy,
    You can dislike Jorge's behavior, but you are not fully informed. -- there is more to Jorge's ongoing fight with Steve S than the article. I think it is a good idea to put people you don't like or enjoy on ignore. It might also be good idea to not discuss people who aren't here to defend themselves.

21. André E.C.

André E.C. Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ditto!

Cheers

André

22. JHannon

JHannon Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jorge's website looks great! I am glad to see him working again and miss his contributions here. I don't think I know of anyone else who has the heart and passion for their work.

23. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Donald, Thanks for the info...I did send Jorge and email link from the new site. And in true Jorge fashion he wants to give credit to Kevin. For those that do not know Jorge, he really is one of the most intense/passionate photographers I have ever known. Glad to see him active again, and hope to see much new work on the new site..and wish him much success with it.

Eveyone should have at least one Jorge print...If you have one you will know what I mean, if not ...... get one, they are wonderfull.

24. noseoil

noseoil Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would vote to "unbanish" Jorge. Looks like I need to order a print. tim

25. RichSBV

RichSBV Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Good news about Jorge. Bad news about the banning, but seems typical for apug nowadays. I really miss Jorge's posts and contributions.

I would also "vote" to bring Jorge back. But it seems that I am no longer a 'subscriber' here any more so I probably wouldn't be able to do any voting. Odd coincidence!!!

26. roteague

roteague Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    If your subscriber status changes for an unknown reason, contact Sean. It will only expire, normally, at the end of the period you subscribed for.