Nice to meet you...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by JohnRichard, Feb 7, 2009.

1. JohnRichard

JohnRichard Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Greetings from Kentucky.
    I had two thoughts I wanted to state here. First, I just subscribed to this site, after several months of reading all the wonderful information you all provide.

I just graduated college, supposedly the worst time ever to graduate, as I have since been unemployed for about 4 months. It's hard times, but I still keep shooting. I chose the $6 Student/Financial Hardship option. As I only have about $50 cash in my pocket that my mother gave me this very morning. I had been thinking that I needed to subscribe, not just to gain the additional features, but mainly for support. Now, I know my $6 will not cover anything I.T. related, and I know Paypal will take a good $1.50 from my funds (cause they got's to get payed first), but, I still contributed.

This site is just the kind of support I need; when all my friends are convinced that film is dead and digital is the way to go. I still get "Awes" from them when I show them a still wet 8x10...

I love analogue photography, and don't really care for digital images. Now, I will admit that there are some truly breathtaking digital photos out there and they are much praise worthy... but to me, its just not the same. I have had many questions and arguments over this topic and one day decided to just quit. I shoot film, you shoot digi... but we both love what we do.

I just wanted to say, "Hi" and that I have supported this site both financially (ha... right), and mentally. I will continue to learn and contribute as long as this site exists. In the future, I will contribute more money when (if ever) I can find the means.

Keep up the good work APUG! Its good to be here.

JRY

2. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    John - welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts.And good luck in your employment search... be persistent and positive and you will do just fine.

gene

3. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, John, all the way down there in Kentuck. Hey, we'll be here for a long time. And thank you for subscribing.

Welcome to the group.

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, and very best wishes from the south-west coast of British Columbia, Canada.

If you contribute here, you will be appreciated, even if the $ you send aren't large.

And you are always welcome to share the benefits.

Matt

5. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome from the Canadian prairies!

6. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Dang, John...wish I could help...but Canada Post won't let me subcontract my letter carrier route. (Don't ask for details, but let's just say it was frowned upon to have my daughter and her grade two friends deliver for me while I sucked back beer in her wading pool last summer :sad: )

Welcome aboard APUG from BC's north coast!!

Murray

7. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another welcome from B.C John! Glad to see, that with only $50 in your pocket, you've got your priorities straight! :wink: (I've been there myself not too long ago). APUG is well worth that investment and we're glad to have you here.

8. ricksplace

ricksplace Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome. This is a great place.

9. delphine

delphine Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Congratulations for graduating John !
    When I finished Uni, I was broke too :smile: hardship is a good thing because it gives you perspective over money.
    Anyway, welcome aboard, glad you found APUG, and thank you so much for your support to the whole of this community.

Delphine, from London UK

10. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard from Washington DC. Sounds about like me when I first graduated from college - the employment market for folks holding a bachelors of arts in English Lit could be summed up in two words: grad school. Since I wasn't doing that, I spent the first five months after graduation kicking around on the parental dole. Then started working at Borders Books. Retail sucks, but it helps put food on the table. Chin up and keep shooting film! Something will change sooner or later, for the better.

11. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Richmond, Va. I just got laid off my job a while back and working part time at a retail place, so I know what it means not having not much money.

Jeff

12. Whiteymorange

Whiteymorange Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from just west of Boston.

13. lorirfrommontana

lorirfrommontana Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Welcome from Montana.
    -Lori

14. BWGirl

BWGirl Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome, John! You hang in there! In the mean time, enjoy all APUG has to offer & welcome! :smile: