Night photography exhibit

Discussion in 'New England' started by Drew B., Mar 27, 2008.

1. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Apug's very own Bill Schwab has work in it.

3. Drew B.

Drew B. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I didn't notice that....Outstanding!

4. Mark_S

Mark_S Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My daughter and I went to visit this show earlier today.

Warning - it is not easy to find. There is no street sign giving the street name, so you have to guess at that, and the gallery is within what I think is a student housing block - sinage is non existent. We finally found it, but everything was closed up despite the web site indicating that it was open 9-6 daily (we were there at 1:00pm on Saturday). We found a student who let us into the building, and we were able to see the exhibit.

It was worth the difficulty. Some magnificent images, done in a variety of different work flows - some clearly digital, some clearly analog, some which were probably a hybrid work flow. Many (most) of the images were colour, and there were some amazing things there - several were traditional B&W.

Bill Schwab has one image in the show, upstairs, very nice, traditional silver gelatin print.

There were postcards at the show, advertising a book on Night and Low Light photography by Jill Waterman (who had several images in the show) - it will be released in August:
    http://www.amazon.com/Night-Low-Lig...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1206824907&sr=1-3

If you are around Harvard Square - this is definitely worth seeing.