Nikon 20mm f3.5 UD vs Olympus 21mm f3.5

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by puketronic, Nov 22, 2012.

1. puketronic

puketronic Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have the Olympus and love it but I'm thinking of switching to Nikon....I prefer the Nikon bodies.

How do the two lenses rate? I worry that I'll miss my Zuiko. I'll probably buy both lenses/systems then sell the loser but curious to hear your throughts.

2. darkosaric

darkosaric Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Never had zuiko, but I have nikkor UD: great lens, sharp, and not so expensive. Only downsides are: big, need big filter, some falloff wide open. I did not noticed any distortion in normal everyday usage.

3. Kiron Kid

Kiron Kid Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The Nikon system ROCKS !

4. sangetsu

sangetsu Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have both, but I prefer the Olympus. The OM lens is smaller and lighter, and I also prefer the quality of the images.

5. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Why? Are you going to get rid of the OM system if the Nikon system is better? I think it's best to have them all, it doesn't really save any money selling your OM stuff.

6. puketronic

puketronic Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I do think the nikon system is better: more lenses, accessories, bodies with other features, motor drives, etc.

However, my primary reason is because I just don't like the OM bodies: too small.

Optics to me is secondary.