Nikon F repairs

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Terrence Brennan, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Terrence Brennan

Terrence Brennan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have several Nikon F cameras and motors, as well as a number of Nikkor lenses, all of which are overdue for a CLA and a few repairs. I ask my fellow APUGgers to recommend a good source for these repairs; I am located in Ottawa, Ontario but am not adverse to shipping the equipment out of the country, if need be. Thanks!

2. Mackinaw

Mackinaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. semi-ambivalent

semi-ambivalent Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Midwest Camera Repair has done well by me for a couple F CLAs. Online estimate form too.

Missed your addy. Don't know how postage would affect pricing. Good Luck.

4. vysk

vysk Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello, I'm in Ottawa too.
    Are the bodies just basic Nikon F bodies? Pretty easy to do, and there are two repair shops in Ottawa - Camera Trading company has a tech, and there is Canadian Camera Repair at 250 Albert, downtown at Bank.

Nikon lenses are probably pretty straight-forward too, to clean up. Only thing is that the lens mount screws are glued-in and often damaged by someone who doesn't use the proper care to loosen them. I understand that heat is needed to melt the glue.

I wonder if Kindermann in Toronto would do them; their expertise is Leica.

I did a quick google and came up with some shops in Toronto too, e.g. Toronto Camera Services, Kominek, even Vistek and Henry's.

Good luck

Vick

5. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My F was serviced by Advanced Camera http://www.advancecamera.com/repair/
    about a year ago, it was a camera I bought knowing that it needed service. Meter did not work and shutter speed were off.

When i picked up the camera I was in disbelief when I saw how good this camera could look. Meter is working and shutter speeds are right on the money.
    As far as I remember Heidi Fisher is the Nikon guru there, she did wonders to mine and I highly recommend them.

6. CanonShot

CanonShot Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    http://acecam.com/canada2.html#Repair

7. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. jmm1987

jmm1987 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    It you're willing to ship to the States, I just had a Leica IIIa repaired by Gus Lazzari of TLC Camera Repair in North Carolina. It looks like it just came out of the factory - not bad for a 76 year old camera. I'm very impressed with his work. He is very meticulous and it takes time to get the job done. Check out the website.