Nikon F2S and Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 Ai- Rabbit Ears Will Not Couple To Photomic Pins

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by arthurpolaroid, Apr 15, 2012.

1. arthurpolaroid

arthurpolaroid Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    This is really baffling, and have tried unmounting and remounting the lens at all different apertures. The window reads f/5.6, and I cannot get the aperture ring, when mounted, to mode from f/5.6, despite being a f/2.8. It looks like the rabbit earts engage with the pin, but then I cannot cycle through the other apertures to get it to index. It just sticks at f/5.6. My 50 1/4 Ai, 50 1/8 Ai, and 35 3.5 AiS, all couple and aperture perfectly.

Is there anything I have to do on the Photomic head, or on the lens, to get this combination to couple, meter, and work?

Thanks,

Arthur

2. Johnkpap

Johnkpap Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Try metering with a external meter or with a Known correct camera, and see if the meter in the F2S is correct at F2.8...F4 and so on. if it is dont worry about it.

It may be that visual display does not work at 2.8

Regards

Johnkpap

3. LJSLATER

LJSLATER Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The F2S has been my primary body for a couple of years. I'm not sure it makes sense that your DP2 works with some lenses but not others. More information or some photos of the lens and prism might help. Does the coupling prong on the 135 look bent or off-center? Are the lens or prism recent aquisitions? Is the DP2 seated properly on the body? Try removing it and reattaching it. Finally, it is just the window on the front of the prism that reads 5.6, or both windows? You might try emailing Sover Wong; he's an absolutely invaluble resource for F2 owners.