Nikon FM10 lens compatibility

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by shirinm, Aug 14, 2013.

1. shirinm

shirinm Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi sorry, I've done some research but I feel like I feel like I'm getting conflicting information and details that aren't specific to my particular camera.

Can someone please confirm, will the Nikon 50mm f1.8 E lens fit on the Nikon FM10 lens mount?
    I believe the answer is no but can someone please confirm, as the E lens DOES function on the older Nikon FM model.

Thanks so much.

Shirin

2. dorff

dorff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It can and it will. It is the same mount.

3. shirinm

shirinm Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks so much mate.
    I was starting to worry.

Best wishes.

4. mweintraub

mweintraub Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The "Series E" model is just a "Economy" model Nikon produced for the EM camera body. (AFAIK). Since it's a Nikon F mount and the FM10 meters with all non-CPU / manual focus lenses, you should have full compatiability.

5. vsyrek1945

vsyrek1945 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Series E lenses all have AI-s functionality - I'm using a 50 mm f/1.8 Series E with my FA, and I used it with a Vivitar macro-focusing TC on my D7000 as well.

The only FM10 lens limitations are non-AI [pre-1977 lenses that are not AI-converted], and AF-G series lenses that have no aperture rings. AF, AF-D and AF-S lenses, all of which have aperture rings can also be used, since their aperture rings can be unlocked and set to any available f-stop and they can be focused manually. The FM10 has no interface contacts for lens CPUs in its mount, and the CPU contacts will not touch nor interfere with anything on the FM10 body [nor, for that matter, on any MF Nikon/Nikkormat/Nikomat body]. Focusing rings on some of the lower-level primes and zooms may be inconvenient, but they're still usable.

Thanks and regards,
    Vince