? nikon lens on minolta mf body adapter

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by Denis R, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Denis R

Denis R Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    looking for nikon lens on minolta manual focus body adapter

nikon AI lenses and minolta xg9 body

2. jcorll

jcorll Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    A good place to check would be the APUG classifieds or even your local Craigslist.
    You can still keep searching here, but it might be a couple of weeks before you get a response.

Good Luck!
    -Jcorll

3. dynachrome

dynachrome Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I don't know whether an adapter for this was ever made with correct infinity focus. If you could get the lens to fit you would not have auto diaphragm operation. This is only really practical if you intend to take close-ups of static subjects. In that case you can get one adapter whch goes from Minolta to T mount and another adapter which goes from T mount to Nikon female. If you have Nikon AI lenses that you want to use it might make more sense to buy a Nikon body. An N2020 can be bought for very little. It has rudimentary auto focus but as a manual focus camera it's pretty nice. If you compare it to the XG-9 it has many advantages: higher top shutter speed, higher flash synch speed, built in winder, interchangeable focusing screens, TTL flash capability, more sensitive meter.

4. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I suspect buying a manual focus Nikon will be MUCH easier and cheaper than trying to jjfind an adapter that does what you want.

5. Wade D

Wade D Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There are tons of various adapters being made in China and sold on ebay. Most are quite reasonable in cost. I recently bought a T mount - Minolta A adapter that way. Total cost was a little over $15.