No more Fuji Acros100 and Neopan Presto400 in 120 in Japan

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by firecracker, Jan 30, 2010.

1. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  2. Tom Kershaw

Tom Kershaw Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What does this mean for Worldwide sales?

Tom

3. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I think this is only limited to the Japanese market as far as I know. Fuji didn't release any statement about it but just added small notes on the product lineup page that's just been updated.

For color negs and reversals, there are several products being discontinued also, but not as bad as this.

4. bob100684

bob100684 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    which color negs and reversal?

5. wclark5179

wclark5179 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
  6. B&Wpositive

B&Wpositive Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Looking at the USA site, I get "page not found" when I click on Superia 1600 color film:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/film/35mm_print/superia_1600/index.html

Superia 100 (non Reala version) is not even listed: http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/film/35mm_print/index.html

In addition, only Sensia 100 is listed, not Sensia 200 and Sensia 400 under consumer slide films:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/film/35mm_slide/index.html

7. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I was in National Photo in Tokyo Harajuku on Friday afternoon. They told me this, and it is listed on their site.
    However, Acros 120 will be back as a 5 pack and only the single rolls are being discontinued. Not sure why Fuji doesn't list that on their site though. National Photo is usually correct on these things. So don't fret just yet.

It is in Japanese, but here is the link.

http://www.nationalphoto.co.jp/1F/051213_discon.htm

Gary

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
  8. Poisson Du Jour

Poisson Du Jour Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No such discontinuation of ACROS 100 in Australia according to my rep.

9. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sounds like total BS to me.

10. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Gary. And I don't know why Fuji doesn't list the Acros 5-roll pack if it'll be available, either.

To me as an occasional 120 shooter, the Neopan400 is the I mostly use, and well, it's gone now. It's just too sad.

11. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Color neg:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/color/35mm.html
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/color/professional.html

Reversal:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/reversal.html

APS (if you still care):

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/color/aps.html

Basically the items that have "(*1)" underneath are the ones discontinued this time.

For instance, Natura 1600 color negs, 135-24 single roll and 135-24 3-roll pack are gone, but not 135-36 single roll and 135-36 3-roll pack according to the first link.

For reversal, Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F will stay in 135, 120, 220, 4x5, 5x7(special order) and 8x10, and that's just one example. I'm not gonna list everything here because there are just too many, but I mentioned about those 120 B&W films specifically because there are no replacements or alternatives from Fuji. Well, Gary says there is for the Acros according to a very well-known trusty shop in Tokyo, but Fuji hasn't announced that yet...

12. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I forgot to mention, National also says Neopan 400 was coming in 5 packs as well. It is not on their site, but I was told that verbally in the store. So let's just see on this will pan out.

Gary

13. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow - I almost had a heart attack when I read the title! Of course, just as I finally settle on Acros as my 100-speed film of choice...

But if it's 5-packs, that's not a problem. When I was in Japan this past summer it seemed to me that already, there were certain films in 120 (reversal mostly) that were only available in 5-packs, so that seems consistant. In any event, I hope I don't have to stock up on film before moving back to Japan this March. I'll keep watching this space -- thanks for the heads-up guys!

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Wow, I love those films. Maybe I should buy some bricks of them, just in case?

16. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    To my mind, but I don't speak japanese, I only used the translator from Google, Fuji stops to sell its films in Japan in individual packages. That's all. No cease of production.

Please, can somebody ask Fuji in Japan, to confirm. BUt this forum is not a place for speculation.

17. firecracker

firecracker Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I called Fuji this morning(what a geek I am...) and was told that the Acros100 will come back in 5-roll pack but not the Presto400. I was clearly told that the production of the Presto400 has ended, and therefore whatever is left in the stock is all there is left for the market. So, no more Presto400 in 120 for sure, at least according to Fuji at this point.

But this situation might be different outside of the Japanese market.

18. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I see absolutely no reason why Fuji would discontinue 400PR in 120. It's quite a popular film. None of this makes sense to me.

19. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    IN japan, the 400 ISO film is called fuji presto 400. Outside Japan, it's called fuji neopan 400. same films. Will they just rename the japanese film as fuji neopan 400? I hope...

20. Chris Nielsen

Chris Nielsen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Geez, maybe I better stick with HP5.. Was planning to try out some Neopan 400 and if they're ditching it I'd better stick with some good old Ilford product..

21. Matt5791

Matt5791 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    We have been waiting for Acros 120 for weeks and weeks now - we are told by Fujifilm UK that it will arrive on February 20th - Aparrently as singles.....So who knows what will happen. Already Neopan 400 is always sold as 5 Packs here in the UK, and I thought it was strange that the Acros was in singles.

Matt

22. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some suppliers in the US have been out of stock on 400PR as well. Here's the thing - it's a much better sign that people are *waiting* for shipments to come in rather than not waiting. It's usually a sign of demand.

23. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have recently contacted Fuji USA and asked:

"I am hearing a rumor from multiple places that
    Fujifilm is about to discontinue Neopan 4oo Pro on 135 and/or 120
    format. Is there any truth to this story?"

Here's a reply:

"At this time, we do not have plans to discontinue the Neopan 400
    professional film."

24. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As usual, Internet FUD strikes again.

However, I will allow for quite the possibility that they're not providing it in JP anymore (which seems quite bizarre). Perhaps photographers in Japan are not making as much use of it as we are here in the US and elsewhere.

25. SWphoto

SWphoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is exactly the reply LF photographers received last fall when we inquired about Acros 4x5 Quickloads being discontinued (they had been), and this year about all remaining types of Quickloads being killed (they were). Neopan may or may not have been discontinued, but Fuji's word is worthless. The way Fuji "communicates" is thru suppliers posting things like "No longer available" or "Discontinued" on their websites.

26. BetterSense

BetterSense Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Neopan 400 is my favorite 120 film, and I'm currently out because Freestyle hasn't had it in steady stock for the last 6 months. I'm really starting to worry. Fuji only has 1 400 speed film as it is; if they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120 they wouldn't have a 400 speed film at all in 120.