No More Panicing. READY for Rome!

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by RattyMouse, Jun 21, 2014.

1. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    All the back and forth is over, now I know what is going into the bag and here it is:

[​IMG]

First the week in the UK for a business trip and then 6 days of R & R. Can't wait.

2. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Good man!
    Where in the UK will you staying? London?

3. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you. I'll be in Bury St. Edmunds for most of my UK time. I have 1 day in London before flying out to Italy.

4. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Ah! If you have 5 minutes to go to St. Paul's Cathedral, I could meet you. Just say the day and time and I'll see if I can go.

5. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Funny enough, I've never been to St. Paul's yet during all my travels to London. That's on the agenda. I don't know about this particular trip because my company put me up in a Heathrow airport hotel. I get there on a Friday night and then fly out to Italy the next evening. So I do have a free day or 3/4 day, but am not sure how far away from the airport I want to venture. Depends upon the weather I guess. We shall see! Maybe one day!

6. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You can go via the Tube. Get the Piccadilly line at Heathrow Eastbound side to Holborn, change there to Central line eastbound and St. Paul's is just 2 stops. It takes a bit of travelling, about an hour or so.
    Have a look at the Tube map: https://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/standard-tube-map.pdf
    Otherwise, pick up a stop you think is closer to you and you would like to see. Perhaps Hyde Park Corner?

7. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll PM you if I decide to head down to St. Paul's. The London portion of my trip is very fluid as I'm traveling with colleagues. Once off to Italy I'm on my own and in control of my itinerary.

Thanks for the kind offer!

8. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    You're welcome!

9. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There is quite a bit to shoot in the Bury area from stately homes (Ickworth House) to a whole range of "quaint" little villages.

10. markbarendt

markbarendt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Go RattyMouse

11. miha

miha Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Enjoy the Rome, stay relaxed and don't observe the whole trip trough the viewfinder :wink::wink:

12. Nuff

Nuff Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wise decision and like Miha said, enjoy the trip. I always find keeping things simple is always best. One camera and one lens, you can't go wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
  13. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very wise choice. If you do head in to London on your last day with a little free time on your hands, also check on what's showing at the Victoria & Albert and at the Tate Gallery - they may have some interesting photography exhibits on display. It's been ages since I was last in London, but a few blocks out Old Brompton Road from Harrods (stand on Old Brompton, facing Harrods front door, turn right, walk about four or five blocks, turn left down the side street) there's a wonderfully fun restaurant called Borscht n' Tears. Russian food, cramped space, live music, very energetic. You may well not have time for it, but if you do, I recommend it.