No-Name (Darlot) 250MM f4 Projection Petzval! 5X7 Swirlies ~ 8X10 Fine Art

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    This lens is very nearly identical to the one that I made the images on this page with my venerable Kodak 2D 8X10.

[​IMG]

It is not an 8X10 lens, but moved in close it has a unique and beautiful look on the 8X10 format. It would cover 5X7 at infinity I think. That would be where it would swirl for you.

[​IMG]

The other neat feature about this lens is the way the glass fits in the barrels. EVerything is the same size, so you can split the 2 glasses in the back and put one up front, and one in back to make a beautiful dreamy soft focus lens. Also the front group alone used at the back is a superb soft focus lens. Read my page I referenced earlier to see what the different combo's can give you.

[​IMG]

I think I got $485 for the last one of these I sold. Prices are coming down a bit, especially for this more generic stuff that doesn't have one of the "D" names on it. I have 2 identical Darlot branded lenses, and the parts are all interchangeable with this one.

[​IMG]

Glass is nice and clean on this. I don't have a flange for it. But I do have the frontal piece of the old projector that has the male matching threads. Could be used as a flange by cutting it down and drilling some holes. Note that someone started to cut a waterhouse slot........badly ;rolleyes; $285

2. 2bits

2bits Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is a piece of art itself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.