Non-collapsible WLF for RB67

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by MattKing, Feb 4, 2011.

1. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Attached Files:

2. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm. I wonder what the use of a non-collapsible one would be. I guess the idea is that it's more stable? Maybe you can swap diopters more easily?

Sorry, haven't used one, mine are all collapsing models.

3. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    For one, it blocks stray light coming in making the screen image brighter.

2- is the adjustable magnifyer/diopter. The image is a bit enlarged and you can correct for you eyes by twisting the lens ontop.

There is a metered version that has a spot sensor you can move around to any place in the image.

Once you try it you'll never want to use a collapsable ever again.

KEH has em occasionally, if you see it grab it, they go fast.

4. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It appears to have been modified. I think I can see the flaps of the collapsing hood below that plastic overlay that has been screwed on. The finish of the overlay does not look like Mamiya made it to me, but you never know. It is not in my Mamiya System Handbook, but that is an older book, written when the RB was a pretty new camera. I'd guess that it was a generic brand aftermarket piece. It probably blocks a little stray light entering from the sides and makes it more comfortable to rest your face on the finder by covering the metal corners. I find myself pressing my brow against the finder pretty regularly when shooting. The rigid "chimney" magnifying finder for my C series cameras is my favorite WLF I have ever used. It is my standard finder for those cameras.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2011
  5. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks!