Not really a product but ...

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by John Bartley, Jan 7, 2006.

1. John Bartley

John Bartley Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    In another forum (not photo related) there was some discussion about developing disc film and I ventured the opinion that getting disc films done was getting to be a declining service. A respondent offered these two links :

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/disc_and_126_film_processing.htm
    http://www.rapidphoto.net/c22.html

I'm sure there are others, but do we have a place on APUG for these sorts of references to go where folks can search for a place near to them?

cheers

2. dschneller

dschneller Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    C-22

My uncle showed me a nice Zeiss Ikon folder last night that looked like it was in excellent condition. He handed me a roll of C-22 120 and asked if I could develop it.

Here's what I found, for Canadians Film Rescue International and for our American friends Rocky Mountain Film.

3. Sanjay Sen

Sanjay Sen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi John & Dave,

Thanks for posting the links! Now I can process those 126 cartridges. Sometime back I got a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex 126 but haven't ventured shooting anything with it because I couldn't find any place that would process the film.

I got the film from Central Camera Company (www.central-camera.com) if anybody is interested.

Regards,
    Sanjay

4. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Isn't 126 just 35mm? Or is it smaller?

Jobo used to make disc film reels. Some times they pop up on Ebay and of course nobody bids on them. If a person had an interest it's possible to do at home.

5. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The film in a 126 cartridge is in fact 35mm and will fit in any 35 mm processing reel; any mini-lab can process it (to negatives) if they're willing to handle film that's not in a standard 35 mm or APS cassette. That requires they have the magazine setup which, in turn, would let them make negatives (even if not prints or scans) from *any* C-41 still film from Minox up to whatever will physically fit into the machine (which would likely include 122/124, or at the least 116/616, since the leader cards are something like 90 mm wide).

6. glbeas

glbeas Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw in a photography magazine once where you can process the disc film jammed on the end of a pencil, dipped in cups of the solutions and twirled. Drying was best accomplished by chucking the pencil into a drill and spinning the water off. Beseler made carriers for disc film, sometimes you can still find one on Ebay. It has a round hole for the hub and a hole for the neg frame.