Nova Academy Washer - new tap?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by thomsonrc, Feb 6, 2008.

1. thomsonrc

thomsonrc Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi

The plastic tap on my washer (the one used to drain the hypo slots) has spilt and needs replacing. Nova only sell 'kits' for £15 but I dont need everything. I've searched google and ebay but cant find anything. Any ideas?

Cheers

Ritchie

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. klownshed

klownshed Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I looked on APUG for taps myself recently and couldn't find any information.

I did however find replacement taps eventually.

Just check out suppliers of homebrew equipment. You can replace the Nova taps with ¼" inline syphon taps from most home brew suppliers. You can also find one as part of a home brew siphon kit from Wilkinsons. You can also use the pipe you get with the siphon kit (heat it up in hot water to get it to fit over the spigots). It's smaller diameter than the one Nova supply, but it works fine. You just need to swap the tap around to use the smaller end for that pipe. (the taps fit ¼" and ⅛" depending which way round you fit it). Whilst you're there they do bottle washers which are perfect for cleaning the Nova's slots.

Also, for the washers, you just need standard appliance waste pipe (for washing machines and dishwashers) for the output. Also available in Wilkinsons for those of you in the UK.

Hope this helps if somebody is after spares in the future...