NOva deep tank (not slots)

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by digiconvert, Apr 13, 2006.

1. digiconvert

digiconvert Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone use one of these for film and/or prints. I can get one for about £40 which seems a reasonable price given the limited colour work I do.
    I know it's a daylight tank and I can work out how to use it with film but I assume prints are just immersed with no agitation, anyone got experience of this ?
    Any guide on weight and dimensions (it looks big )

Attached Files:

2. BarryWilkinson

BarryWilkinson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They are designed to be used with Stainless Steel or plastic cradles (Mr CAD sells them S/H). You roll the print up and turn it into the cage spiral. They work very well, but use a lot of chemicals. Agitation is done by moving/lifting the cradle. All done in the dark though.

My comments are for prints of course, film can be processed on standard spirals on a S/S 'T' rod.

Barry

3. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Digiconvert. Sorry can't comment on this deep tank but can say that Nova darkroom is having a sale on 22/23 April. If this kind of tank doesn't do the full job then maybe Nova will have a bargain Jobo CPE2 or Paterson Orbital. OK I wouldn't expect to get a Jobo for £40 but it will have been checked and serviced and there will be a short term guarantee. Given how long a CPE2 can be expected to last then even if your colour output is small, it could work out quite cost effective over a matter of years.

You can ring them about the sale and get an idea of prices and items

pentaxuser