Now I've done it - Part Deux

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by lilmsmaggie, Nov 18, 2009.

1. lilmsmaggie

lilmsmaggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As with a previous post along similar lines. I saw a 6X4.5 120 roll film holder on eBay. I didn't really expect to win the bid especially at such a low price considering what these puppies sell for new but I did. Being the good ebay'er that I am, I completed the transaction.

It arrived today. An RZ67 Pro II 6X4.5 120 Roll Film holder HA704 NIB.

OK - being the newbie that I am, I don't know much about this stuff. Is it possible to use this film holder on a LF camera such as the Chamonix?

This adds to my MF vs LF aquisition dilemma. Who knows maybe I can shoot both formats.

Now if I can just find a sweet deal on a RZ67 PRO II ...

2. thisismyname09

thisismyname09 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately, I doubt an adapter exists to mount an RZ67 back on any other camera. The RB67, however, uses the graflok(?) back and can be used on a lot of different cameras.

3. coriana6jp

coriana6jp Member

Shooter:
    Large Format

In a word, nope you can't use it. The RZ holders wont work on any 4x5 camera without have a very expensive adapter made. Sadly, that adapter would cost alot more than the back is worth. You would be better off buying a Horseman or Calumet back for the camera if you want to shoot roll film

Gary

4. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    GO FOR IT! Practice makes perfect. Given enough bidding and buying you'll greatly improve your judgement and skills! :D

5. mjs

mjs Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fortunately, RZ or RB 67's are one of the best buys in medium format these days. You might like it!

6. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There was an RB adapter made by a Chinese company called shelro that allowed you to put the RB backs on various LF cameras. Maybe they made an RZ adapter as well, because some people wanted to use a 645 digiback on a 4x5 or such. But yeah, not worth it.

7. lilmsmaggie

lilmsmaggie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Funny thing was the opening bid was for $59 and there was maybe a few hours left on the auction and no one had bid. It was just a whim on my part.

I reasoned that if I eventually were to find a RZ body in excellent to mint condition with a waist or AE finder and perhaps a 90-110 lens, having a brand new 120 back already would be a plus.

I think theres a RZ in my future:smile:.