NuArc Line Camera

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by sly, Jan 18, 2009.

1. sly

sly Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been offered this monstrous beast. A giant copy camera. It looks in very good shape. The last owner had it for many years, but never did anything with it. I'm thinking of cannibalizing it for it's components - a contact printer, a vacuum easel, a timer, a big lens. Then there's the 16x20 bellows. I don't think I have the skills or desire to build a camera that size, but I'm sure someone does.

Before I start to take it apart - is there anyone who'd like the whole thing?

Any suggestions on uses I could make of its parts gladly accepted. Any offer on the whole thing, the bellows, or any other compoments entertained.

Attached Files:

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lillian:

I don't know why, but this camera reminds me of Nanaimo :smile:.

I am assuming that this is the camera you referred to in your earlier thread.

Could you convert it to an enlarger?

Matt

3. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    That would make one heck of an enlarger.

4. nyoung

nyoung Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    At risk of being asccused of hijacking a thread, What would you use for a light source for an enlarger that size?

5. JBrunner

JBrunner Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    LED Panel, with blue and green LED's on separate circuits, or a tungsten bank with Rosco filters, with a diffuser made from white plex. Not too daunting for the doityerselfer. St. Ansel used the second method with the enlarger he converted from an old studio portrait camera. He made most of his prints with that set up. (maybe not the plex diffuser, or gels, but for sure the tungsten bank. IIRC he later had a cold light made, but I could be mistaken) This conversion would be much more stable and consistent than AA's.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  6. sly

sly Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My biggest negatives (so far) are 4x5. I lust after a bigger camera (8x10, or 7x12 say) but because I want to contact print. I don't see myself needing a 16x20 enlarger, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

7. kenkuro

kenkuro Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    PM sent.