off brand flash

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by ripuron, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ripuron

ripuron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    does anyone know who makes this flash unit? all it says on the front is "blacks 66c". i know it is from Blacks photo store in Canada and i think th "C" rpresents for Canon use. the original owner said it was around 1990 when he bought it. just wondering if anyone knows the original manufacturer? Thanx for your time.

2. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The lowest bidder? If you've got a picture maybe it looks like something else.

3. ripuron

ripuron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    thanx Nick, new to this computer thing. i'll try to send a pic as soon as i can

4. ripuron

ripuron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    off-brand flash

pics of unknown flash

Attached Files:

5. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    C isn't necisarily Canon here

I have a C40 from Blacks (rather had - it just died last week) It was souced from a thrift - Value Village for $1, so lack of documentation for it wasn't a problem.

It was a hot shoe flash that also came with a detachable 6" pc socket cord. When the pc cord was plugged into the flash the hot shoe contact was disabled.

It had a manual setting, with a guide number in feet at 100iso of 80, and also had two auto ranges using the on flash photosensor. There were (at 100iso) for f/56 and f/8 as I recall- not too useful, being just a stop apart. The C40 also did not have any sufficient light confirmation.

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It would help if we had a photo of the bottom of the hot shoe. That would indicate whether the flash was a "dedicated" model - i.e. designed for use on a particular line of cameras.

Matt

7. ripuron

ripuron Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    hotshoe pic

from the looks of it, it has the 5 pin configuration of Canon. i was just wondering if it is okay for my rebel 2000 and elan 7n. hoping to get some backround on it (user manual etc).

thank you

Attached Files: