Old Kodak chemical formuals, free PDF ebook

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Shootar401, May 31, 2012.

1. Shootar401

Shootar401 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have these books on my shelf, the first is British and it's date's on the 3rd page Feb 1949. The Reference book is probably 1946, I have 2 copies, last year I was given a complete set of these Reference Manuals all in their original boxes.

If you compare the two you'll see products mentioned in the British publication that were never available in the US, also in the UK D72 (dektol) is listed only as a film & plate developer while it's also a print developer in the US books. In practice Kodak Ltd (UK) sold D163 as their main print developer yet it's not listed in the US publication, theres a few others as well.

Ian

3. Mahler_one

Mahler_one Member

Great stuff....really appreciate the links.

4. Grumpyshutter

Grumpyshutter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Cheers. Love these old manuals, full of hidden gems.

5. BrendanCarlson

BrendanCarlson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool Stuff! I can't wait to start mixing my own chemistry. Thanks for the links!

6. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There were at least 2 editions of the US version of the chemical formulas, and the film, lens and filter book was published in 3 booklets here in the US. I have all of them except the lens book. The formula and filter books are very useful to me. There is a 1940s boo that was published by an outside firm that also contains much of this data but covers companies other than EK. For example, this book contains the entire formula set for processing Dufay color film.

I hope that we do not lose this technology as people throw out old things.

PE