Old Photographer

Discussion in 'Antiques and Collecting' started by seawolf66, Dec 2, 2007.

1. seawolf66

seawolf66 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I wonder how we would make out making a Living this way or pocket change for ourself: I took this it the late 1968 to 1970 era , I sure many of you here in Mass. know where I took this foto: Enjoy :

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2008
  2. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cool. That's a nice spot to do that, too. Plenty of shooting and shopping all in a small area. Shooting Polaroids for tourists could maybe pay for the film.

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    This guy does it--

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2593

Sometimes he's got two other photographers working with him at events like gospel shows, when they've got to get as many shots in as possible while people are entering, standing outside at intermission, or leaving the theatre. He also works parades and sometimes just hangs out on the street photographing anyone who wants to be photographed. If I run into him while I'm carrying my Technika we sometimes exchange a few words.

4. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    These are great shots! I miss the days when clothing wasn't used as a billboard for corporate advertising.

5. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    He probably is not using Polaroid film, rather the direct positive paper as also used in the older b/w photo booths. I don't think this material is available anymore.