older Mamiya m645 - 45 degree angle prism?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mabman, Dec 1, 2010.

1. mabman

mabman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Recently I've been playing with an older Mamiya m645 I picked up some time ago. Mine predates the 1000s.

It came with a CdS prism (standard angle). Was there ever a 45-degree angle prism like with the Hasselblad or Kiev 88? I see there is a 90-degree adapter for the prisms as well as a differently-metered prism (standard angle) and a WLF.

My searches so far have come up empty, so I suspect the answer is no, but I thought I'd check with more knowledgeable m645 users first.

Thanks!

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've never seen or heard of one - and I've always thought that the 45 degree prisms for Hasselblads were a great idea.

3. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have what Mamiya calls a chimney finder for my 1000s. It's a 90 degree finder. It works OK, but 45 degrees would be more functional.

4. mabman

mabman Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hmm, that's a shame. I guess I'll just have to use it more and get used to the ergonomics as it is.

Thanks again.

5. TimmyMac

TimmyMac Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I would absolutely love a 45 degree finder for the 645. The 90 is way awkward. As it stands, I use the WLF.