Oly infinity stylus at a concert question

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by destroya, Nov 14, 2012.

1. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    taking my son to see rush tomorrow for his b-day. i got 20th row center stage seats and he is stoked. I'm thinking of taking my small oly clam camera to the show but not sure what i could expect in terms of results. 24mm lens might be to wide even with my great seats. is it worth bringing? I'll stick the camera in my boots to hide as my friend has done it many times and never been caught. unfortunately I can't see any of his pix to judge quality. and what of the small chance i get caught. then do i just toss the camera (it was a free gift)?

anyway would the results be worth the small risk of getting caught? Just to have a picture of my son and i in the crowd would be worth it but some stage shots would be great as well. and no i dont think camera phone picts are even worth taking, at least with my phone

2. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    First of all, make sure that cameras really aren't allowed. If they aren't, I don't recommended it. If you do get caught, you could ruin your son's birthday by getting thrown out of the concert. Is a few pictures of something both of you are likely to remember very fondly anyway really worth it?

3. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I will be hard to get any decent pic with such a camera and under such condition. This is a film forum but I think a digital is better for the job. But like Stephanie said, I think it's best just to forget it if it's not allowed.

4. Dan Henderson

Dan Henderson Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    On the other hand, just think how cool it will be for both of you to tell how you got thrown out of a rock concert with you dad/son.

5. BardParker

BardParker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Check with the venue. Many will allow non-professional cameras (lens does not detach). However, I recently took my Olympus OM-1 and 3 lenses to a ZZ Top concert.

[​IMG][/url] 03060044.jpg by KentWebb, on Flickr[/IMG]

Cheers,

Kent

6. RidingWaves

RidingWaves Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Bring it. Everyone has iphones anyway, and they can't stop anyone from shooting shots with those. Just don't be too obvious.

7. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    lens would be too wide from 20 seats back....

best results I've ever got were right in front w the moshers with a kodak (tm) disposable funsaver camera....GREAT audience/mosher pics too....it's great when you have a camera that you don't care about. Save all the anxiety and get a double box of them, then you can roam around the venue and try to get close--one for you one for him...if it gets conficated, stolen or ruined you don't care--same lens angle too...

Attached Files:

8. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    well this morning i paced off what i thought would be the distance and it seems way to far back. bummer. guess phone camera pix its gotta be.

one of these days ill try to get a press pass and take some pix from the pit in front. have a friend who does it all the time. just calls the venue or the bands management company says hes an amateur photographer and he gets a temp pass for three songs. he has some great photos to show for it.

9. destroya

destroya Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    just got back from the concert. I counted 20+ people who where allowed to go close to the stage a take pictures. all where using small compact digital cameras. so guess i missed out.

great show by the way if anyone is seeing them soon

10. Kiron Kid

Kiron Kid Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Far too wide a lens. I usually go with fast film and my Kiron 70-150 lens for concerts.