Omega C760 Accessories

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by pschauss, Dec 27, 2009.

1. pschauss

pschauss Member

I picked up one of these on Ebay at a bargain price. Now I am looking for a 6x7 mixing chamber (for the Dichoric lighting unit) and some negative carriers. Are any of these items interchangable with other Omega enlargers?

Looking on Ebay I see a goodly number of negative carriers and mixing chambers for other Omega enlargers but very few for the C760.

Thanks,

2. mwdake

mwdake Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The C700 and C760 Dichroic Heads are the same, only difference is the numbers they put on the front.
    The 6x7 chambers can be hard to find. I looked for a long time before I found one.
    Look for the whole head and ask if the chamber inside is a 6x7 or 35mm and if 6x7 then you could just buy the whole head as they sell for next to nothing; I think I got a spare head for about $15. That way you will get a 6x7 chamber, a spare bulb and a spare head.

You can still find the chambers new, but they are about $70.

BTW, the C760 Negative carries are different than the C700.

3. mwdake

mwdake Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Take look on the big auction site you mentioned.
    Search for Chromega C700 as someone has a brand new head with chambers etc for $25.

4. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Omega C-700 and C-760 are different machines and use different negative carriers. Most parts do not interchange. You will have to find model specific parts and accessories for the 760. The only parts that are common are basically just lenses.

Rick

5. mwdake

mwdake Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The heads are essentialy the same and take the same light chambers. How the heads mount to the chasis may be different.
    The C700 is still sold by Omega and the head it takes is a C760.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
  6. pschauss

pschauss Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I found a C700 Dichoric head, new in the box, with both the 35mm and 6x7 mixing chambers for a very reasonable price. The mounting arangement is different but, for the moment, that is not important since I already have a functioning head with C760 mountings.

My objective in buying the Omega was to have a second enlarger for medium format that I would not have to change out the lens and negatrans on my 23CIII. Until I can find some negative carriers, I will just use this one for my contact sheets.

7. gordrob

gordrob Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have some carriers for the C760 - I'll send you a PM with the sizes.

Gord

8. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    KHB Photographix has an excellent online reference of Omegas , current and discontinued. Great for researching what came before what, etc.

9. Denis R

Denis R Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    new...

Christian Photo has mounted 35mm carrier new in box
    and what looks to be regular 35mm carrier without box

manual

10. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  11. pschauss

pschauss Member

Another related question: How do you insert a negative carrier into a C760 without removing the Dichoric head? The manual mentions some sort of lever for lifting the head, but my enlarger does not seem to have this.

12. mwdake

mwdake Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There should be a lever on the left hand side with a handle sticking out to the left.
    Pull the handle toward you to raise the head off the negative carrier stage.

If you don't have the lever and handle you are in for trouble.

13. pschauss

pschauss Member

14. mwdake

mwdake Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Who'd if thunk it. I thought it would be like the c700. The C760 Dichroic Head manual shows the lever, but I guess that is when it is mounted on a C700 chasis. The C760 enalrger manual says the negative carrier is just slid in until it clicks. No wonder Omega went back to the C700.

I have the C760 manuals if the original poster needs a copy, send me a PM if so.