Omega D2V

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by jaimeb82, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jaimeb82

jaimeb82 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I upgrade from a Durst M 600 to a Omega D2v so I can print my 4x5 negatives. I have a 50mm lens that came with the enlarger and I had a 150mm lens around Schneider Componon? the old one with a metal look? I made a lens holder with a plastic and stick the lens into the enlarger to test. The problem comes when I try to focus. The smaller image I get that is on focus is around 19" by 15".

It doesn't seem right, I want to be able to start printing 11x14 but in no way I can get a sharp image that size.

I also changed the variable condenser lupe up and down just in case, but the position seems right, all the way up is where is supposed to be.

Is my plastic holder inaccurate? Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jaime.

2. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are you running out of bellows extension? On Omega D2 series, if you are using longer focal length lens, you'll need a lens cone. If you are using a flat lens board, beyond 100mm or so lens, bellows won't extend enough to give you the correct focus. If you are saying you can get it to focus but the focusing isn't sharp enough, that's a different problem....

3. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi, you will need an extension cone instead of a flat board for the 150mm lens. You can make one out of a can if you want. I think 3-5 inches tall would work.

Jon

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. jaimeb82

jaimeb82 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    yeah, that seems to be the problem I run out of bellows. The image starts getting sharp and then I can't turn the wheel further. I am going to check into those cones.

6. rjbuzzclick

rjbuzzclick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just want to say thanks guys. I just got an Omega D2 myself and have been struggling with this same problem.

7. Seabird

Seabird Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  8. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's true, but moving the condenser lens will not affect the ability to achieve sharp focus. Having the condensers in the wrong position (or in position when it should be removed) will result in excessive light fall off at the edges of the frame.

9. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jason,

I have an extra one. If you are in US, I can send it to you if you want to cover the cost of shipping. PM me if interested, please.

10. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a cone with a bellows that was given to me by a guy that had sent his D2V to the dump. Anyone using one of these?

Mike

11. tkamiya

tkamiya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Where's Jason? There's no Jason in this thread! I have no idea why I did that.... I meant the OP, Jaime....