Omega D5XL parts?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Kino, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Anyone know of an online catalog of replacement parts for a Chromega D Dichroic II head on a D5XL or a rebuilder who might have used parts?

I need the plastic drive gears on the column and a cyan dichro filter for the Super Chromega D Dichroic II head (totally gone) to start with. I found the yellow filter out of the holder and laying inside the fan, but no sign of the cyan filter.

Any clue as to what kind of glue is used to hold the dichroics in the holders?

I found a seller on Ebay who has the replacement foam rubber pad on the color head, but no one who sells the dichroic filters.

I know I should probably buy a matched replacement set, but from where?

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2006
  2. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. Dinesh

Dinesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Try KHB Photographix, they have everything you will need for your enlarger.

www.khbphotografix.com

(905) 670-5166

4. Dave Starr

Dave Starr Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  5. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for the tips! Turns out the best deals (so far) are at Classic Enlargers and Harry Taylor, but to be fair, I haven't contacted everyone suggested so far.

Irony is that I can probably buy a fully functional D5XL chassis with Super Dichroic head cheaper than replacing just the three dichroic filters, so I am going to try finding one on that auction site first.

Thanks again for all the helpful tips.

6. pelerin

pelerin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If it is the filters that you are looking for I would want to inspect the head closely. It is not uncommon in used heads to find them cracked or missing from the intense heat.
    Celac.

7. Kino

Kino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Celac,

Thanks for the tip. I have now totally disassembled the head to clean and assess the situation.

It now appears that I need a lamp socket and all the foam light baffles replaced in addition to the Cyan dichroic filter and the column lift gears; other than that, it appears to be in pretty good condition.

Boy was there a TON of very find dust in the head! Still coughing from blowing it out with compressed air!