Omega D5XL replacement screws

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by martial, Jun 18, 2013.

1. martial

martial Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi guys,

I recently acquired my first enlarger: an Omega D5XL (old grey version) with Super Chromega D Dichroic II. It's a big monster to make my first step in printing. But some screws are rusty and limp and I would like to replace them. Unfortunately I live in France and the imperial units aren't standard. Can anyone inform me about the model/size of the two followings screws I need to remove:
    • the upper and lower rear hex screws around the elevation knob (and the same on the other side of the rear carriage axle; those ones help to adjust front/back alignment);
    • the 4 phillips screws around the negative stage (used for the negative carrier/lens parallel adjustment).
    Cheers,

--
    Martial

2. Neal

Neal Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear Martial,

The screws around the elevation knob on mine are #8-32. The screws around the negative stage are also #8-32, but for some reason I think I might have re-tapped those at one time. They might have been #6-32 originally.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

3. martial

martial Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot, Neal! About those hex screws, I measured 4.17mm so about 0.164'' and according to http://www.engineersedge.com/screw_threads_chart.htm it should be #8-32 (and about a half inch long). I tried those screws as a replacement of the phillips screw around the negative stage and it fits well so it's all #8-32 screws for me too. I will probably order them with allen head as it will be easier not to switch back and forth with phillips screwdriver and hex bolt one.