Omega now distributes Foma

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by isaacc7, Mar 24, 2005.

1. isaacc7

isaacc7 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw a new price list from Omega and they are now carrying Foma products. I like the look of Foma 100, and they are listing not only roll film, but also 4x5, 5x7(!), and 8x10 sizes. I thought that Kodak had sued to keep Foma from being imported, was there some sort of settlement?

Isaac

2. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does this mean they aren't handling Forte anymore?

IIRC Kodak got a T grain type film blocked but the older stuff was not blocked.

3. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    J&C Classic films are (I'm told) rebranded Forte. J&C sells Foma films under Foma's name; they have the Classic 100, Creative 200, and Action 400 in 35 mm and 120, and Fomapan 100 in centimeter sheet sizes, currenly only 9x12, but they have carried 13x18 and 18x24 as well (I see those sizes being sold off as "defective" apparently due to emulsion problems; perhaps we'll see them in stock again when a new batch is available).

The Foma T200 that was the core of the conflict with Kodak has been relabeled as "Creative 200" and is, AFAIK, imported without problems now that the labeling doesn't infringe Kodak's trademarks.

It would be nice to have another B&W choice in the inch sheet sizes; perhaps (now that Foma is being cut in those sizes) J&C will pick them up as well. I like Fomapan 100 quite a lot in 9x12...

4. thomas_m

thomas_m Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Con you post a link to Omega? I tried to buy Foma from J&C but their website responds that "they have insufficient supply" for even one roll of classic in 120.

TIA,

Thomas