Omega prolab 4x5 missing condenser

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by brbeck, Dec 11, 2011.

1. brbeck

brbeck Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Found a good condition omega prolab 4x5 with Lenses and negative carriers. Only problem is it is missing the movable condenser. How hard are these to find and are they expensive?

Thanks Brian

2. Jon Shiu

Jon Shiu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Hi, I suggest you search the apug classifieds and check ebay. I don't think they are hard to find or expensive, just may take some time. Also, do you have the condenser holder?

Jon

3. waynecrider

waynecrider Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  4. Chris Douglas

Chris Douglas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    some information

I just obtained a D6, and it has the wrong movable condensor in it. The D6 has a knob that moves the lens, but mine came with a lens from an earlier model. The earlier model has a number of shelves that you slide the lens into. The problem is that there are two shafts in the back of the lens compartment that interfere with inserting the lens, so a previous owner hacksawed the corners off the lens mounting frame so it would fit. I don't know which model you have, but you may have to modify the lens holder depending on which lens you get. If you have questions about aligning the enlarger, I just finished doing mine. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Chris

5. brbeck

brbeck Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I haven't purchased the enlarger yet and have only seen pictures of it. It's about 70 miles away. Unsure if it has the condenser holder, I doubt it since he doesn't have the condenser. I'll find out. Wanted to make sure I could get the part before I did anything. It sound like it shouldn't be too much of a problem to find the part. If I do end up getting it I'll definitely get a hold of you Chris to get the insights on aligning it. Thanks everyone.

6. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You only need the movable condensor for formats smaller than 4x5 and using lenses shorter than 150mm.