Omega View Replacement Bellows?

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by ToddB, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey guys,

Looking into replacing bellows on my Omega View 45d camera. Does anyone know where to look?

Todd

2. Dr Croubie

Dr Croubie Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Astrosmith22 always carries a lot of Toyo gear, and I'd definitely recommend him. Last thing I bought arrived barely 2 days after I paid, express from Japan.

Keep in mind that the only difference between 45D and 45G bellows is that the 45G bellows are removable, they have bits on each end that click into the same size opening as their lensboards.
    Take that bit of plastic off each end, and the screw holes that are left line up exactly with the 45D (I know becaues I've got botha 45D and 45G, wanna buy my 45D?). I daresay you could even re-sell those end-bits if you're never going to buy a 45G.
    Then you can glue the bellows to the standard like it was originally if you want (when removing the old bellows, don't bust the screws when you take them out, be gentle and pry carefully with a screwdriver to get them off).

3. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the heads up on bellows. I think I might pursue this after my trip. Thanks for the offer on your 45d. I have my eyes on a more totable field camera next go around.

ToddB

4. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Until you procure a new bellows, just swaddle the camera with a darkcloth.:wink:

(This will buy you decades of use):laugh:

5. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. ToddB

ToddB Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yhea.. I used gaffer tape on all the corners. No more pin holes. Thanks guys for the advice. When I'm shooting ,I'll drop over the dark cloth before exposing film to make sure. I light tested it with 250 LUMS flashlight. Nothing showing.

Todd

7. rorye

rorye Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format