one last try: fujiflex/ilfoflex/ilfocolor/duraflex - Where to get them in europe ????

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by game, Apr 24, 2006.

1. game

game Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi.
    This is not the only thead on this matter.
    I want to print in a polyester based ra4 materiaal at home.
    I know fuji offers fujiflex, ilford ilfoflex, an kodak duraflex (although they might have changed the name allready, I don't know). [edit]I believe ilfoflex is also called ilfocolor [edit]

Does anyone, knows where to get any of these 'papers', I don't care which one. I am located in europe.

I only found one company called "calumet photo" from usa that has fujiflex but they ask 155 dollar sending. There must be someone in europe printing on a flex material right?

This is my last attempt... I hope for good ideas. Other wise I am affraid I have to go and place an 500+ dollar order at calumet...

2. hka

hka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Shane Knight

Shane Knight Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If your photos are for art work and you need them around for awhile; be careful of FujiFlex and Duraflex, they both fade very easily and quickly.

Shane Knight
    www.shaneknight.com

4. game

game Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    they are art prints, only fujiflex an other flex-papers are not fading faster then normal ra4 paper, do they?

game

5. game

game Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    thanks for the link, but the paper you directected me to is pure for positives. To get cibachrome ilfochrome paper in holland is not to big a deal. But no one carries flex papers for the ra4 process.

Hope that someone comes with a final word on this one. thanks a lot - game.

6. game

game Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a adress now where I can get ilfoflex in rolls fast. two issues:
    they say the new inlfiflex is intended for lasrelight and will show unpredictable shifts in colour when used with a traditional enlarger.
    Plus they only deliver in rolls...

7. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I talked to Fujifilm on the phone, and they say that Fujiflex is unavailable in Europe. They used to carry it, but they have no stock remaining in any size.

You may be able to get it in North America or perhaps Japan.

8. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Color shift does not matter as long as you can filter it out. A real problem arises only when you get "crossover" while using it at longer exposure times.

9. boyooso

boyooso Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have seen the Fuji Flex print Shane Knight is speaking of. It has faded...

As I understand 'FujiFlex' is not the same emulsion as Fuji Crystal Archive.

the emulsion in question was about 4 years ago. The current 'fujiflex' may be different, I don't know.

GOOD LUCK

Corey

10. sanderx1

sanderx1 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What we really need is a store / stores like fotoimpex or silverprint or retrophotographic, except concentrating on the traditional colour darkroom.