Opps - need 32.5 mm retaining ring

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by David Brown, Feb 26, 2006.

1. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just obtained a Schneider Componon 100mm, F5.6 enlarging lens. Assumed (my bad) that it would be a 39mm mount. Turns out it measures 32.5mm at the threads. Does 32.5 sound right? :confused:

If so, I need a lens mount and a retaining ring (Omega D5). Alas, the cost of another retaining ring and lens mount will mitigate the "bargain" price of the lens somewhat. :rolleyes:

David

PS: Already emailed KHB and Classic Enlargers.

2. HolgaPhile

HolgaPhile Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    Blimey, there seems to be a bout of these at the mo (see my thread unusual lens). My quick and easy solution has been blue tack. Holds it in place nicely although a pain in the arse if you want to swap it.

3. Andre R. de Avillez

Andre R. de Avillez Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    David,

I have an 80mm Nikkor with a smaller thread mount (measures darn close to 32mm), but it came with a 39mm adapter. I've seen those go on ebay for less than 10 bucks, so there might be hope for you. Maybe searching for a Nikkor adapter will increase your chances.

André

4. Andre R. de Avillez

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks, Andre'. That 80mm Nikkor looks just like the one I use ... Hmmm.

This will probably be my solution (adapter, that is). Or, I'll sell the lens but make sure the buyer knows what the mount is. :wink: I didn't really need it, but it was a bargain. :rolleyes:

I did contact a vendor, who happily let me know that for close to $80 for a retaining ring, a lensboard and shipping, I could use this lens. :D

Well, since I only paid $18 - including shipping - for the lens, that just seems silly.

Cheers,

David

6. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, when I bought this enlarger, it came with a 135mm Componon EPOXIED to a lens board. It works fine, of course, but will never be used on a different model enlarger. :smile:

7. HolgaPhile

HolgaPhile Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    Just had a quote from Snider for an adapter ring £35 FFS. But, I'm told there's a chap in Luton that can make these up for you so will give him a go.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    :wink:

9. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dang! :smile: Andre, you're a genius! My 80mm Nikkor lens is exactly like your lens!

When I bought it, the adapter was already on it, and it was in one of those EL Nikkor plastic bubbles, so I never noticed it had an adapter. But, the adapter comes right off and fits perfectly on the Schneider!

Problem solved! Ain't APUG great?

Andre - owe you a drink. :cool:

David

10. Andre R. de Avillez

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good to hear, David.

My lens came exactly like yours, except for the fact that when I took mine off the bubble for the first time, the lens came off and the adapter stayed. It was one of those "Huh! Look at that!!" moments. :smile: