Ordering JOBO parts for CPP2 - a real pain, or no?

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by eumenius, Feb 25, 2008.

1. eumenius

eumenius Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hello friends,

today I've got my brand new JOBO 3010 Expert Drum, along with foot pump... only to find that the 3000 series tanks do require different rollers on CPP2 Jobolift bed, otherwise the tank can't be operated without risk! I understand that JOBO made the so-called extension arms allowing for higher placement of the rollers, but these are long gone in my case - I bought a well-used processor , so I'm now sitting like an idiot closing and opening my new tank with no chance to use it :sad:

JOBO makes the so-called refurbishing kits containing all stuff that is prone to breaking (gears, clips, rollers etc.), but the question is simple - where do I order these best? I live in Moscow, Russia, so maybe someone would recommend me some European company dealing with JOBO spare parts? Or it's better and cheaper to buy them from the US dealer?

Thank you in advice - to say I feel just desperate is to say nothing :sad:((

Zhenya

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. eumenius

eumenius Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you very much! I used their web mail form to address my question, so we'll see what would they reply to me, and how soon. I was really upset with the rollers issue - after all, not a single line in 3010 tank description says that I would be unable to run it without some obscure part in my processor! :sad:

Cheers,
    Zhenya

4. ZoneIII

ZoneIII Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I just got a Jobo myself this week so I am not expert. But I believe that ther reason no mention was made of the "special" roller was that it comes with the processor so it normally isn't something that you would have to order. There are two sets of rollers that come with the machine. You snap them out of the holder and change their orientation for different drums. There is also a set of rollers that just snap in without any bracket. However, there is a special set of black rollers on stainless steel shafts that is recommended for use with Expert drums. I was lucky because they came with my processor. But take a look at the rollers on your processor. See if you can pop them out of the bracket they are in and put them back so that they are oriented differently... pointing out or in.

5. zenrhino

zenrhino Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format