Ossabaw Island Workshop---anyone interested?

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by pkeubanks, Nov 18, 2012.

1. pkeubanks

pkeubanks Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    How many people out there would be interested in a photo workshop on a wilderness island off the coast of Georgia. Ossabaw Island has a population of exactly 3 full time human residents, no bridge to this island and almost nothing but gorgeous wilderness. Check out the website for Ossabaw Artists Collective to see some images by painters and photographers. I was just there and had an interesting conversation for the head of the foundation that basically runs the island and controls access to it in which we discussed turning an old slaughter house into a wet darkroom. There was some concern that photography is now " all digital". I did not agree and would like to prove that idea to be false. If you would like to spend a few days on Ossabaw, let me know so we can steer the powers that be in the direction of a nice new wet darkroom.

Thanks,
    Paula Eubanks

2. br549

br549 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Sounds interesting! I live in the coastal Georgia area. I believe Jack Leigh spent time there and there's a book of his images along with images of paintings created by other artists who've spent time there.
    Anything "official" being considered?

3. JudyS

JudyS Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have been to Ossabaw and would love to return. It is a special place, otherworldly. Please help me keep up with the project. I can bring others.

4. MartinCrabtree

MartinCrabtree Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm interested. Whether I can swing it depends on finances and timing.

5. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    sounds awesome Paula...I would be glad to help out to run some workshops if this comes together
    Best, Peter