Our show is on the walls! Please join us if you can...

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by jovo, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My wife and I have our joint show, "Duet", on the walls now at the Wallkill River Gallery in Montgomery, NY. Montgomery is not far from I84 just west of Newburgh, and easy to find with Google Maps. The opening is this coming Saturday from 5:00 to 8:00PM, and any who would like to attend are welcome! Susan has put some snaps of the show on our site if you'd like a virtual preview. Click on "view the exhibit". We hope to meet any who would like to join us!

www.dalyvoss.com

2. Nicole

Nicole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations John and Susan, stunning work! I wish I could see it in person - just that little too far away. It's well worth visiting your website and blogs to enjoy the culmination of talent you both have. Susan has a wonderful eye for colour!

3. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations to both of you!

4. SuzanneR

SuzanneR Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats, John! How long will the show be there? Might make for a day trip...

5. jovo

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you, Nicole, Mike and Suzanne. The show will be up till the end of March. Susan and I will share gallery sitting duties for a couple of weekends, but I don't remember which ones at the moment.

If you're flying in from Urup....Newburgh's Stuart Airport is close by. :D

6. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Looks great.

Unfortunately, there's too much Atlantic ocean between us to make a visit practical!

Steve.

7. winger

winger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very nice! I doubt I'll be up that way before the end of the show, but I'd love to see it.

8. Jerry Basierbe

Jerry Basierbe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations John.

Jerry

9. dlin

dlin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congratulations to you and Susan. Your work, both, looks gorgeous. Wish I could see it in person.

All the best,
    Daniel

10. jgcull

jgcull Subscriber

John, I went to your blog. Those radishes (are there turnips too?) are incredibly beautiful! I'm gonna have to follow you around more. You've got that gorgeous silvery quality that I haven't figured out. I wish I could be there to see all your work, and your wife's beautiful work as well, in person!

Congratulations and all the best to you!

Janet

11. jovo

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the kind words, but the radishes are Susan's. Hers is the gravure blog. She's really looking forward to returning to making gravures after having spent the time since summer painting.

12. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Am I right in thinking this is your first show? Talk about hitting the ground running. Oh ya, and your wife whips a pretty mean pastel. You both must gotten so much out of putting this show up together. Sponge it all in, and dare to think bigger!

Murray

13. jovo

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This is my third show, but it's the first of this size. Susan's been doing shows since she was a teenager, and had a first class gallery in Jacksonville represent her. But, it's indeed our first together....and it's been a hoot getting it prepared while battling the most virulent case of bronchitis either of us have had in years...both of us....at the same time! :surprised: