Our webhost is offering a deal to apuggers..

Discussion in 'APUG System Announcements' started by Sean, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If anyone signs up with our hosting company they will get 1 month free. Just use this link if you are interested:

CLICK ME!

So far I am extremely pleased with this host and feel that APUG will be with them for the long haul..

2. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    why don't you do the reseller thing to make some bucks for APUG? I see your name is coded into the url, does this mean you are doing it? I will probably sign up in the next week or two.

3. Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    don't really want to get into reselling yet simply due to lack of time, but we do get a small kickback if people use the supplied link..

4. Sjixxxy

Sjixxxy Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    well. My webhosts (Jaguar PC) give me much much more for less money then yours are offering. So I'll have to pass. My $9.95/mo package gives more then their 18.95/month package.

5. Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    yeah, and apug used to be on a lunarpages.com package that offered more than we get now, for 1/16th the price. However as soon as we starting pushing the package at about 10% of what they said it was, we were deemed a site that was too resource intensive and banned. You also get what you pay for with hosting, especially when things go wrong you could be down for 30 minutes, or 3 days if it's a lowspec reseller. I've learned the hard way, so my requirements are: 24x7 support, not a reseller, host owns their hardware and datacenter, actually stands by their plan..

6. Sjixxxy

Sjixxxy Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Well. I'm sure there are some discount hosts like that, but I've been nothing but satisfied with mine. Been using them for 4 years now and have never had an issue. All support I've ever needed has been resolved in under an hour each time, from plan upgrades, to asking for different versions of sql.

7. galyons

galyons Member

Hey Sjixxxy,
    It would be great if you take some of that $9 a month savings and use it to become an APUG subscriber!

Regards,
    Geary

8. photomc

photomc Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here, Here! Geary