Outdated 120 Slide Film? Anyone Have Any?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mtbbrian, May 5, 2006.

1. mtbbrian

mtbbrian Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I normally shoot color negative film in my Holga, but at the Maine Photographic Workshops they only process E6 and B&W films.
    So I am wondering if anyone out there has some old outdate 120 slide film they no longer need?
    I'd be willing to work something out with you. I'd certainly pay for you ship it, but could trade you for a print too, if you want.
    I would prefer it be 400 ASA, if possible, and would like to have 3-5 rolls.
    Thanks!!
    Brian

2. Andre R. de Avillez

Andre R. de Avillez Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I recently came across this store on the web, which seems to sell outdated slide film for a buck each. I've NEVER dealt with them, but it might be useful to you.

http://www.sg-photo.com/page8.html

André

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Brian,

I believe Wayne Crider (a member here) is selling some outdated 120 slide film for $1-2/roll.

4. sienarot

sienarot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You can usually find some great deals on eBay. Some people sell expired films regularly on there. I've had good experiences with finding expired slide film there, however they are usually sold in large quantities (ie: 20-30 rolls).

5. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Brian,
    I have an unopened ProPack (5) of Kodak Lumiere LPP120, E-6, 100 ISO. It expired in 1997, but has been frozen since '98. Just reimburse shipping. PM if interested.

6. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Check the current classified ad from Pandino. He has some Fuji RMS 100/1000 listed for $1.50/roll. I got it cheaper than that when Freestyle was selling it as clearance, but I bought 100 rolls. This is a nice film that was designed for push processing. It looks pretty good at 100 and 200, okay at 400, and I don't recommend 800 or 1000, but it does go there if you need it. It was produced for a few years and replaced by Provia 400F, which has much finer grain but RMS arguably looks a little sharper at normal enlargement sizes.

7. wildbill

wildbill Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i've got a some 100 asa if your interested. just pay postage

vinny

8. JosBurke

JosBurke Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'll second the Fuji RMS 100/1000--I gave 89 cents a roll--outdated of course and it's a very good film. Ebay-seller is collect888 if I remember correctly!

9. sienarot

sienarot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've done a purchase with collect888. Unfortunately it wasn't a very pleasant one, but YMMV

10. Marco Gilardetti

Marco Gilardetti Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have some rolls from Kodak. Please be aware that they're VERY expired. You can have them for free if you pay the postage.

11. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have all kinds of expired, but stored correctly 120 slide film around here, I will check to see if I have any 400, but I know for sure I have hundreds of rolls of 100..

Dave

12. mtbbrian

mtbbrian Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
    But I think I have found what I am looking for.
    Brian