P/N 55 Portraits at Polaroid Gallery, Who was the photographer ?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I saw some african american women portraits at polaroid gallery years ago , subjects were at the tone of iron meteorites black, I did not see a better black in my life. Who was the photographer , he was using a rodenstock lens.

Umut

2. MDR

MDR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Mustafa could you describe the image in more detail. Marsha Burns comes to mind when I think Polaroid and Afro American

3. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Its been long time , before the 55 collapse , its about photographing pitch black persons with deepest blacks I have ever seen. If you see these pictures , you quickly identify my point. I think photographer was male and havent covered in google well at that time.

Thank you.
    Umut

4. MDR

MDR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Had no luck looking trough my Polaroid collection catalogue only found Marsha Burns. But Polaroid P/N 55 was known for it's creamy tone and good blacks. Still grieve it's demise and hope for it's ressurection. The old Seagull paper plus P/N would give superb blacks add selenium toning and you're in heaven.